THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
One of those rare nights when I could have eaten a boot. I was hungry.

The only thing "smoked" in this cook was the cold smoked butter and a cold smoked salt, pepper, garlic blend I made earlier..

ZZ1Si0V.jpg

Seasoned some steaks with the smoked SP&G blend.. then rolled in flour and fried til golden..

LjBMcRz.jpg

made skillet gravy with the drippin's...

smFWCdk.jpg

EnskwyP.jpg

That was it... supper.
Chickenfried steak, smooshed tatoes, skillet gravy, biscuits with smoked butter, green stuff to make it healthy... and a sip of Crown to wash it down.

l7VwTAD.jpg

I was sooo hungry. I couldn't eat it all but I put a good dent in it.

duV3VjK.jpg

I was gifted some huckleberries awhile back and made some jam...
I love the huckleberries!

hAJpSIv.jpg

OFgandH.jpg

Q2QFN2S.jpg

82u698r.jpg

Breakfast the next day...
Chickenfried steak, smoked butter basted duck egg, biscuit topped with huckleberry jam...

I4xBxf3.jpg

dPjyljX.jpg

JU56hGu.jpg

Finally getting my appetite back and it feels good to be cooking again. :-D

Thanks for looking!

Glad you're feeling better and almost like yourself again, Jeanie.

My goodness.... my appetite for some of your home cookin' has not changed a bit!

Glad you're feeling better and almost like yourself again, Jeanie.

My goodness.... my appetite for some of your home cookin' has not changed a bit!

Thanks Shadow! It feels good to be cooking again. :-D

Tay-STEE!!!! But I'll take a couple solid fingers of Crown! :)
Thank you Chris! Glad to see another Crown fan. :-D

Holy crap. I ate dinner an hour or so ago, and my stomach just growled as I was looking at that. For a throw together dinner, that looked great dear...

Smoked butter? You have my attention. Never heard of that, I will have to do some googleing. Those are some amazing looking meals there! My kind of cooking.

Holy crap. I ate dinner an hour or so ago, and my stomach just growled as I was looking at that. For a throw together dinner, that looked great dear...

Thanks Terry! :-D

Smoked butter? You have my attention. Never heard of that, I will have to do some googleing. Those are some amazing looking meals there! My kind of cooking.

Thank you Josh! Here's an old post with smoked butter..
http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2016/03/cold-smoking-in-smokehouse-replenishing.html

It's really good stuff. I keep the extra smoked butter in the freezer then grab a stick when I need it. Hope you give it a try sometime! :-D

Ya know, I'm not in the loop. Probably a good thing. I didn't know you were sick. Glad you're mending. But I just GOTTA ask...Do you live like six hundred miles from the nearest road and it's another 1000 to the nearest town or something? You seem like you know how to cook EVERYTHING and its always amazing! Man-o-man. I'm a city boy from Santa Cruz CA. and my friends tell me that they really like my tritip. I eat cereal in the morning and on a good night I eat premade salad, canned green beans and some meat. That's about it. But, really?...Cold smoked butter??? I MAYBE might cook the egg on your plate the same twice in a row. Nothing else on your plate is anywhere near my ability. And your first pic I only see if I go into some high end supermarket in the extra fancy deli area. Outstanding! And you like make and build and repair everything. I'm embarrassed just to post in your threads. Holy BBQ's batman, they certainly make them capable there in Oklahoma!

Sorry. Just been needing to get that off my chest for quite awhile.

(really? cold smoked butter AND homemade huckleberry jam??? I'm seriously wondering what was wrong with my mom.)

Thanks Terry! :-D

Thank you Josh! Here's an old post with smoked butter..
http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2016/03/cold-smoking-in-smokehouse-replenishing.html

It's really good stuff. I keep the extra smoked butter in the freezer then grab a stick when I need it. Hope you give it a try sometime! :-D

Thanks for the post, and I most certainly will be giving that a shot. I don't have an actual smoke house, so I will have to wait for a really cold day, but it is on the list for my next cold smoke.

Ya know, I'm not in the loop. Probably a good thing. I didn't know you were sick. Glad you're mending. But I just GOTTA ask...Do you live like six hundred miles from the nearest road and it's another 1000 to the nearest town or something? You seem like you know how to cook EVERYTHING and its always amazing! Man-o-man. I'm a city boy from Santa Cruz CA. and my friends tell me that they really like my tritip. I eat cereal in the morning and on a good night I eat premade salad, canned green beans and some meat. That's about it. But, really?...Cold smoked butter??? I MAYBE might cook the egg on your plate the same twice in a row. Nothing else on your plate is anywhere near my ability. And your first pic I only see if I go into some high end supermarket in the extra fancy deli area. Outstanding! And you like make and build and repair everything. I'm embarrassed just to post in your threads. Holy BBQ's batman, they certainly make them capable there in Oklahoma!

Sorry. Just been needing to get that off my chest for quite awhile.

(really? cold smoked butter AND homemade huckleberry jam??? I'm seriously wondering what was wrong with my mom.)

lol Thank you! No loop... I mentioned being sick in the last couple of cooks I posted. Went through the flu that's going around then caught pneumonia. Knocked me out for a few weeks. :-D
I do live fairly far from town and try to raise most of what I need. I enjoy hunting, fishing, gardening and foraging too. It's just part of country life.
My folks taught me how to get by. :-D
Thanks for the comment!

Thanks Smitty!:-D

Thanks for the post, and I most certainly will be giving that a shot. I don't have an actual smoke house, so I will have to wait for a really cold day, but it is on the list for my next cold smoke.

You're sure welcome Josh! I put a tray of ice under the butter too... it helps!
Hope you have great luck with it! :-D

I didn't know you weren't feeling well, Jeanie - glad to hear you're feeling better though! You're posting just as good as always - all that looks incredible from top to bottom. Chicken fried steak with mash taters and gravy make me melt, and everything else just more so - wowowow all the way around!

My lovely wife would fa-reak out on that huckleberry jam - hopefully enough so that I could steal her chicken fried steak without her knowing it. :twisted:

Thats awesome! Back to normal for sure and I am sure the crown helped a little too :).

Thanks Clay! :-D

I'm feeling a lot better! I had a few hot tea and Crown concoctions while down. They definitely warmed me. lol

I didn't know you weren't feeling well, Jeanie - glad to hear you're feeling better though! You're posting just as good as always - all that looks incredible from top to bottom. Chicken fried steak with mash taters and gravy make me melt, and everything else just more so - wowowow all the way around!

My lovely wife would fa-reak out on that huckleberry jam - hopefully enough so that I could steal her chicken fried steak without her knowing it. :twisted:

lol Greg, Thanks! :-D
I'm pretty much back to 100%. It feels great!
I made enough chickenfried steaks to last a couple of days. Next time I'll fed ex some of them to you, your Mrs. and the boys! :thumb:
Hope you all are doing well and avoiding the flu!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back