Meat Grinders. Need help.

I have a lot experience about electric meat slicer, still I have been using this device and it works brilliant. I did not have to face any kind of bad situation. You can definitely use this with great features.

We will give you all kinds of recommendations and it may even confuse you in making your final choice....

You need to figure out what you want from your grinder and just how often you will use it before making an educated choice.

If you are just experimenting and not sure that making sausage is something you want to commit to, then buying a heavy duty/professional grinder is probably out of the question. Don't pay the price for an expensive grinder unless you are really committing to sausage making at home. I would suggest getting a cheap grinder and making sausage patties as you experiment.

With that being said there are so many grinders to choose from on the market. LEM, Weston, and so many more. Also keep in mind that bigger is not necessarily better.

I still use a hand grinder for small amounts simply because it is much easier to clean and sanitize. I also have a 1 HP Weston (#12) pro grinder for grinding large batches of meat and sausage. While it does a great job, the selection of plates accessories are limited for the grinder.

The grinder I use most is my 1/2 HP Weston (#8) pro grinder. It has the largest selection of plate sizes and it also has a good selection of accessories like the cuber/tenderizer which also can be converted to a jerky slicer with a different set of internal knives. Also available is a rapid patty making attachment that allows you to make patties as you grind the meat. Also keep in mind that each manufacturer has specific plates which work with their grinder and not with others. Although I have a friend who is a machinist and has altered a couple plates for me for a special purposes.

The bottom line is you have to figure out what you need and look at the grinders to see which best suits your needs. All of these attachments are great if you need them and use them, otherwise you will just have dust collectors and money poorly spent.

When researching your unit also check the refurbished units from LEM and Weston, they still have the full warranty.

Good luck in your hunt and keep us posted.

Back