Need help from some San Antonio Brethren...

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Terry
We have a benefit coming up on June 6th for a bartender friend who lost her 14 year old son to suicide. She has had to take a lot of time off to handle affairs, grieve, and help her younger son to understand. Several of us have gotten together and are organizing a benefit to raise cash to assist her in this time of need.

The benefit will run Sunday (6/7) from 1 pm to 11 pm and will have live bands rotating through all day long. Part of the benefit was to serve BBQ plates. Our plans were to do brisket, sausage, beans, and other cold sides. We are still working the final menu and how much meat we are looking at cooking.

Our normal Pitmaster for a large function like this is unable to assist as his real job is getting in the way. I had hoped to have my LSG by then, but I got word that's not going to happen. We are looking amongst our friends trying to find someone, but this is not something your typical backyard griller can do.

I was wondering if there is someone or even a couple people in the local area that might be able to help out? I have my WSM 22.5, so I can even help some. If this is something you might be able to assist with, please PM me. We are communicating via FB group and emails, so if you contact me, please provide one or both along with a cell number.

Just so you know, we also have the option of changing our menu to something simpler like burgers and brats. At that point, several of us locals could do it and would not require assistance. So, I am just getting a feeler on if there is help available if needed.

Thank you in advance...

Attachments

• Benefit.jpg
    Benefit.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 213
Hey Terry!!
I will do whatever I can. Let me know what you have in mind. Very sorry about the circumstances but together we can hopefully help the family out. You have my contact info.

Brother if I was closer you would be more than welcome to my rigs and I would gladly assist in way that I could. Sorry to hear of the loss.

Brother if I was closer you would be more than welcome to my rigs and I would gladly assist in way that I could. Sorry to hear of the loss.

Suicide is a tough one!! Happened to some very close friends of ours......they never got over it. Understandable to say the least! The family members of this kind of tragedy carry a great guilt for not recognizing any warning signs. :tsk::pray:

Thanks Mike and SGH. I also got PM from JS-TX. He has another WSM that we can use. Mike, I see you have a UDS. We are still way under cooker. JS mentioned a FB page that I will join tomorrow and it might help. But thank you for the early volunteer and thoughts.

Damn. I forgot to mention an incentive. All meat will be provided. I don't have wood at this time, so whoever has the smoker, I will gladly provide your drink of choice. Now, I learned a long time ago to pay afterwards, so I'd have a hard time providing a lot for you on the night of the cook, but I would gladly cover any tab the day of. We can work this out so you are covered on both ends. You let me know.

Another thing, the benefit is on the NW side of town. Culebra and 1604. In case that helps.

One response I got via PM was to try joining the Texas Pitmaster FB page. I sent a request, but I am not sure they will let me join as it says it is for competition teams only. We'll see...

One response I got via PM was to try joining the Texas Pitmaster FB page. I sent a request, but I am not sure they will let me join as it says it is for competition teams only. We'll see...

I thought I saw a post by you where you had helped a friend do a competition? Maybe he would help, or he may be able to join the FB page. Just an idea, for what it's worth.

Yeah Mike, he's the go to guy that can't help this time due to his job. Otherwise, we'd be golden...

Sorry for the late reply Mike. I have been busy and now caught Strep some how. I don't think they have one yet. I think they want to sell all day, but I heard them mention 5 packers which I am not sure is enough. I seriously think they should do burgers, something we can restock if we run low without buying too much. We should have another meeting this weekend and I'll let you know.

Thanks again Mike.

Hey Terry! Sorry to hear you're ailing. That shouldn't be a problem. We have enough time to cook some ahead of time, vac seal and heat up the day of.

Thanks Smittyjonz!! We would love to have you there too!!! It's a blessing and a shame that we are all spread out. Blessing= We learn about different methods and menus. Shame= We can't all get together every weekend, eat, drink, learn more and be happy!!

I don't see any reason that this won't be a successful event! We've got 3 Brethren......what could not be done? :-D

All, I want to thank each and everyone of you for your offers and thoughts. Thankfully, we have found a pitmaster that is going to be able to do all of our smoking. Thanks again!

Back