Meat Slicer Questions.

Pa_BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
I am looking for a good meat slicer that I can use to cut cooked beef and pork for deli sandwiches as well as 1" ribeye steaks and philly cheese steak from ribeye roast.

I have used a Hobart Commercial before and it worked well but now trying to decide if I should go New or Used.

My options are used Hobart or Bizerba for $700 or one of the following.
Cabelas Commercial Grade 12"

Or this one form Amazon.
[ame="https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0172ATCOA/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I22VBGRN2KGCP7&colid=J7YEUFX502E"]Amazon.com: KWS Commercial 320w Electric Meat Slicer 10" Frozen Meat Deli Slicer Coffee Shop/restaurant and Home Use Low Noises (Stainless Steel Blade--Silver): Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Hoping some of you have been through this and can give me some input.
This is something I would probably use almost every week.

Since you have used a Hobart before you know what your looking for. Biggest thing.... The tray needs to be rock solid. Look forward to see what you decide and review...

I have a Hobart 1612 SS version i got for $150 on CL, It needed Cap and a switch. I replaced the Centrifugal out for a Electronic which costed $50 in total parts.

That said, i also have a few other brands, and i would never go back to using them. I only bring this up because you mentioned you have used a Hobart.

Hobart is a nice slicer. I been looking for along time myself. Parts easy and cheap.

I am not a Hobart expert by any means, but i know how to rebuild motors, i got lucky, the windings on the one i got looked like they were never used, my guess was the switch and cap went within a year of use, which makes this thing a virgin.

100_5752.jpg

I bought a Berkel 818 (12" auto slice model) for $300 on Craigslist. Weighs about 165# and cost me about $30 inpats to get it running. I would stack it against a Hobart any day.

Most of the Hobart and Bizerba models are selling for $700-$750, with automatics around $1200. All are in excellent shape. Still waiting to here back on the Berkel

Most of the Hobart and Bizerba models are selling for $700-$750, with automatics around $1200. All are in excellent shape. Still waiting to here back on the Berkel

From the looks of that Berkel, it is an automatic version as well. That black lever on the left is to shift it from neutral (center - as shown) to high and low speed ranges. Jump on that sucker if it's still available.

Back