THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tophmaster

Knows what WELOCME spells.
Hi all,
Just got a Maverick ET 733 for my birthday and used it on it's maiden voyage last weekend. It worked great with one probe in my pork and one to monitor the temp in the cooker. Really excited to use this once it gets a bit colder out here in Boston. My question is, has anyone hung it on or attached it to the cooker itself and how does it hold up. My concern was putting the plastic right against the metal would melt right through (did this once with my La Caja China). Any input is as always much appreciated.

I usually hang mine from the side handle on my UDS or put it on the deck railing next to the cooker. Im pretty sure the plastic would melt if you kept it in direct contact with the side of the cooker for a long period.

Congrats on the maverick.... you will enjoy it. Been enjoying mine for 2 years now.

I've glued magnets on the back of the transmitters and receivers. Just have to find a handy place to place it.

Pinch the metal wire stand between the lid, and the outer rim of the cooker. It let's the plastic housing rest an inch or so from the wsm. Never had an issue .

Another tip if you didn't already figure it out is to clip the temp clip underneath the top grate so that it is positioned upside down under the food. That way it's not taking up valuable grate space on the rack.

I have a small pop up table I always set up next to the WSM when smoking. I put the Maverick on it and use it when taking meats out for wrapping and such.

I do like Mr Tony and put the hanger wire between the lid and the lip of the barrel. Works great.

As for probe placement, I just pushed it through the little dot on the grommet. Probes about 6" long, so that puts the tip out of the hot spot where the heat comes around the water pan.

Maverick01_zps91c637ff.jpg

Back