THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will you accept a Florida boy in your competition?

I am relocating to Cleveland, OH from Florida and wondering if you'll accept my "dead money" in this event? Is anybody opposed to a Florida boy competing in OH? Any advice on flavor profiles...I'm new to this whole thing?

I am relocating to Cleveland, OH from Florida and wondering if you'll accept my "dead money" in this event? Is anybody opposed to a Florida boy competing in OH? Any advice on flavor profiles...I'm new to this whole thing?

Heck no, you're more than welcome. We could use some new blood, I'm getting tired of looking at Rob.:p You can even cook the comps in Kettering (July) and Nelsonville (Oct).

Our application will be on its way soon. Looking forward to our first Ohio comp!

Awesome, looking forward to you guys being in.....this one is starting to shape up to a good contest.....

I am feeling the love Mike, I tell ya, feeling the love....you heading to the contest Mike?

Yup, Due to space constraints, we're limiting it to 50 teams.
The first 35 teams will get spots in the main competition section.
Beyond that, we have room for the other 15 around the outskirts of the area.
Should team 51 want to get in, we'll see what we can do, but only the first 50 are guaranteed entry.

First competition outside of Florida

This will be my first competition outside of Florida unless my wife has our little girl early. It'll be great to meet as many of you as possible. See you there! Save a few walks for me...please!

get your butt packed Brothers.....you know you will always have room.....look forward to seeing a lot of you guys there.....

I know that the town is really starting to already talk about it.......

Yup.. still plenty of room.
We are going to have to cap it at 50 though, so earlier rather than later might be best.

Here's the payout:

Grand Champion - $2,000 and trophy
Reserve Grand Champion - $1,000 and trophy

For each category: Ribs, Chicken, Pork, and Brisket

First Place - $500 and trophy
Second Place - $350 and medal
Third Place - $250 and medal
Fourth Place - $200 and medal
Fifth Place - $150 and medal
Sixth Place - $100 and medal
Seventh Place - $50 and medal
Eighth Place - $50 and medal
Ninth Place - $50 and medal
Tenth Place - $50 and medal

plus $500 for people's choice:

First Place - $350 and trophy
Second Place - $100 and medal
Third Place- $50 and medal

...not to mention that Marietta is the first leg of the Triple Crown of Ohio BBQ which just locked up it's first sponsor.

See you all there.

I would like to cook this one. I have to talk to the Brothers and will let you know soon.

Yup.. still plenty of room.
We are going to have to cap it at 50 though, so earlier rather than later might be best.

Here's the payout:

Grand Champion - $2,000 and trophy
Reserve Grand Champion - $1,000 and trophy

For each category: Ribs, Chicken, Pork, and Brisket
First Place - $500 and trophy
Second Place - $350 and medal
Third Place - $250 and medal
Fourth Place - $200 and medal
Fifth Place - $150 and medal
Sixth Place - $100 and medal
Seventh Place - $50 and medal
Eighth Place - $50 and medal
Ninth Place - $50 and medal
Tenth Place - $50 and medal

plus $500 for people's choice:

First Place - $350 and trophy
Second Place - $100 and medal
Third Place- $50 and medal

...not to mention that Marietta is the first leg of the Triple Crown of Ohio BBQ which just locked up it's first sponsor.

See you all there.

nice breakdown !!.. Doesn't pay too top heavy !!

Back