THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm undecided. The front shelf looks nice. But then a door could be nice. Or maybe a real grill cover instead of a repurposed car cover.
i-6mDRZsF-X2.png

i-MWnTTP8-XL.jpg

Bedded down for a quick smoke break

i-NpsMfQP-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I can't decide on the accessory either. The cover looks like any other cover. The front shelf doesn't fold down and I'm tight on space already. The flame zone is expensive and I'm not sure I'll grill on it but rwalters has me really thinking about it. I don't really use more than 1 meat probe. The griddle is interesting but I hate my BS griddle. No knock on Mak just the ramblings in my head.

Anyone ever heard about someone using the Smoke Daddy sear station on the 1 Star?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm undecided. The front shelf looks nice. But then a door could be nice. Or maybe a real grill cover instead of a repurposed car cover.
i-6mDRZsF-X2.png

i-MWnTTP8-XL.jpg

Bedded down for a quick smoke break

i-NpsMfQP-XL.jpg

A repurposed car cover on your new MAK?!?! Way to represent... lol.
#redneckmakowner

Just ordered the Mak Mobile with my discount that we received from the group buy!:clap2: What is everyone else getting?

Glad to see I'm not the only one trying to figure out what I want with the discount, would like to be able to protect it so a cover is nice but I would rather expand the MAK 1 Stars capabilities. Along with smoking a butt or brisket I would want to do steaks & burgers, and no I didn't get the flame zone so that's a possibility to apply the discount towards. I'm totally new to the pellet game so any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

I can't decide on the accessory either. The cover looks like any other cover. The front shelf doesn't fold down and I'm tight on space already. The flame zone is expensive and I'm not sure I'll grill on it but rwalters has me really thinking about it. I don't really use more than 1 meat probe. The griddle is interesting but I hate my BS griddle. No knock on Mak just the ramblings in my head.

Anyone ever heard about someone using the Smoke Daddy sear station on the 1 Star?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MAK’s cover is quality just like the grill. Super heavy duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see I'm not the only one trying to figure out what I want with the discount, would like to be able to protect it so a cover is nice but I would rather expand the MAK 1 Stars capabilities. Along with smoking a butt or brisket I would want to do steaks & burgers, and no I didn't get the flame zone so that's a possibility to apply the discount towards. I'm totally new to the pellet game so any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

MAK definitely has some nice accessories. If you want to expand the 1 Star, and use it for grilling, you will not regret the Flame Zone. I never in a million years thought I’d be using a pellet grill as my primary grill, but here I am doing just that. I try to be careful with my recommendations as I don’t want to mislead anyone. It is NOT a raging hot charcoal grill, but is a fantastic everyday grill. If you wanna go all out, the MAK sear grates take it up even another notch.

Here’s a simple example of MAK grilled food w/ MAK sear grates...

925de949597503894564a70efd868af2.jpg

And a pic from last night without the sear grates...

a91f418f2f6bbd53acde78a82322f2ec.jpg

Both are YUMMY!

Last edited:
My MAK 2 Star is now complete! I decided to order the front shelf and a full size grate. Why did I wait a year?
ec669ce7039dc205047f727924002dbe.jpg

b50d3390aa0deb267af258f7dea2b8eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you like the shelf? I like the looks. Can you still reach the grilling area with no problems? Just wondered functionality wise?

Thanks

Back