MAK Grills talk/pics/thoughts/reviews and appreciation thread

Not sure what happened. Been using LJ char hickory with no problems. Cleaned it out the night before. Pellets were dry. Keep pellets in my garage off of the floor & MAK is kept garaged. If it happens again, I may switch brands for low & slow. They’ve been working well for fast cooks & have a nice flavor. Im just glad I was near & heard the alarm beeping.

I’m confused why this is going to the trash... that’s less than an hour of temp decline/burnout.... right?

Most people I know set theirs steaks out on the counter before cooking for around an hour....

Sorry about the flameout I had one too at around 12 hrs just this past weekend. I blame myself because I was messing with the temp settings when it happened

Forgot to take beginning pic so here it is before the wrap...

Wrapped and cranked to 350°

Not quite there... (using the thermopen as a probe) Noting temp for fun...

Brisket looks fantastic! I have never done a hot n fast brisket, but some of you guys sure do make me feel like I should. Think I’m just a stubborn ole’ low n slow at heart.

Oh yeah, I have the same gray Thermapen. Must be the reason we click so well :)

Brisket looks fantastic! I have never done a hot n fast brisket, but some of you guys sure do make me feel like I should. Think I’m just a stubborn ole’ low n slow at heart.

Oh yeah, I have the same gray Thermapen. Must be the reason we click so well :)

Gray is the fastest :wink:

Brisket is resting, soon to go into a hold for a couple of hours...

The grill is hot and the kids wanted some more jalapeño cheddar....

Ok, twist my arm...

Any word on a MAKMINI?!? We’ve got a vacation coming up in the summer and I’d sure like to ale a MAK with me. I’m betting Mrs, 4ever3 would frown at taking Mabel :clap2:

Gray is the fastest :wink:

Brisket is resting, soon to go into a hold for a couple of hours...

The grill is hot and the kids wanted some more jalapeño cheddar....

Ok, twist my arm...

Any word on a MAKMINI?!? We’ve got a vacation coming up in the summer and I’d sure like to ale a MAK with me. I’m betting Mrs, 4ever3 would frown at taking Mabel :clap2:

Starting to think your family could live on sausage alone :)

Regarding the Mini MAK… I can tell you this, it’s one day closer to being released than it was yesterday at this same time ;-)

Starting to think your family could live on sausage alone :)

Regarding the Mini MAK… I can tell you this, it’s one day closer to being released than it was yesterday at this same time ;-)

And today is 2 years since you first said it was coming. :pound:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MAK’ing what I consider to be a perfectly dressed burger. What does your perfect burger contain?
51835197e049beb7866e61123743c4ae.jpg

Brisket looks killer! So does that burger. I don’t like to get too fancy with my burgers but am open to try anything!!

Between rain & high winds, it's been tough to get an outdoor cook in.

Tonight's dinner. Chopped steak topped with porcini mushroom butter and a salsa verde comprised of pickled onions, capers, & parsley. (Too much green on the plate but it all tasted good!)

YYkoCle.jpg

Looks good! Nice sig of Al K !!

Thank you.

Mr. Kaline was my boyhood idol. All I wanted for many childhood years was to grow up to be the right fielder for the Detroit Tigers.

I have vivid memories of some of his circus catches while I was in attendance at Tiger Stadium.

Back