THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All done.

What I learned . . .

The short dry brine worked well. This was at 35 minutes. Next time I'll go to 45 minutes.

I wasn't impressed with the ground chipotle chile as a rub. Next time I'll brush the fish with sauce from a can of chipotles.

The black pepper rub turned out pretty well. I was slightly heavy handed with the garlic powder and I'll cut that back. The ground bay leaves can be increased.

We will use the smoked steelhead in an omelette tomorrow morning and in lunches this week. If there's enough available--it gets eaten quickly via various household members going for sneaky snacks--I may make a dip.

In any event, there's another filet in the freezer so I'll probably do this again soon.

DBuXAwa.jpg

Attempted some pulled chuckies myself. Cooked up a 4lber yesterday. Didn't cook as long as I wanted to before wrapping but I had to head out for a couple hours. Before on the pbc I wrapped it around 160 ish but this cook was a bit early at 130. In the end I let it go on the smoke setting for a bit longer. Turned out ok in my book.. had one with some Colby jack cheese and the other with swiss and some homemade pickles.
05adec3ad7bbd893f5e1700a4adaffd2.jpg
cf4f474f0dffb41d73e29993737cd985.jpg
154ffcf9d1eb699bc2de47728f255743.jpg
31f2abb5c50b9173f577a76ddc048b53.jpg
ebe43c97696201126b30c489cfd52dfb.jpg
f016288563289d5bebe26668abc9c6ea.jpg
4f066718dfc468f7220c83c8a145abe5.jpg
f88fb1bac90ce73ba50feef5f1baaf5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That looks like a TOTAL disappointment! Send it here and we’ll properly dispose of it!!!

Sorry you weren’t really happy with it, but it looks fantastic!

All done.

What I learned . . .

The short dry brine worked well. This was at 35 minutes. Next time I'll go to 45 minutes.

I wasn't impressed with the ground chipotle chile as a rub. Next time I'll brush the fish with sauce from a can of chipotles.

The black pepper rub turned out pretty well. I was slightly heavy handed with the garlic powder and I'll cut that back. The ground bay leaves can be increased.

We will use the smoked steelhead in an omelette tomorrow morning and in lunches this week. If there's enough available--it gets eaten quickly via various household members going for sneaky snacks--I may make a dip.

In any event, there's another filet in the freezer so I'll probably do this again soon.

DBuXAwa.jpg

That fish is beautiful!!!

Thanks for passing on the lessons!

That looks like a TOTAL disappointment! Send it here and we’ll properly dispose of it!!!

Sorry you weren’t really happy with it, but it looks fantastic!
not much of a word smith. My intent wasnt to sound negative or bad nor do I try and toot my own horn.That's the crappy part of typing or text. Sometimes it gets lost in translation. [emoji106]

not much of a word smith. My intent wasnt to sound negative or bad nor do I try and toot my own horn.That's the crappy part of typing or text. Sometimes it gets lost in translation. [emoji106]

Oh just ignore our ole’ buddy! He is 4ever looking for free handouts [emoji13]

Back