MAK Grills talk/pics/thoughts/reviews and appreciation thread

Would LOVE to see you join the MAK family!

As far as the higher temps, I rarely exceed 450° as I just don’t find it necessary for how I cook. With a set temp of 450° and the Flame Zone covers removed, you’ll see temps at the cooking grate to be 550-575°. Perfect for everyday grilling if ya ask me. That said, if you want or take it hotter, you can absolutely do that. Right now, the Pellet Boss controller can be taken up to 450° in 5° increments. After that, you throw it into ‘Grill’ mode which is governed to not exceed 600°. The MAK’s can get HOT!! From what I have gathered, MAK is getting close to releasing a firmware update that’ll allow us to take our grills up to 550° in 5° increments. I am looking forward to that as there are a few foods that I would like to cook just a tad hotter without using the ‘Grill’ setting. But again, I find 450° to work very well for darn near all of my everyday grilling :)

I’d be interested in going to 550 with control. I like the grill mode a lot but it would be nice to be able to have a little more control on the higher temps. It does get plenty hot in grill mode. I’m very happy with the FZ. That was my main concern when purchasing & the grilling capability has been great on the MAK. Very happy

I’d be interested in going to 550 with control. I like the grill mode a lot but it would be nice to be able to have a little more control on the higher temps. It does get plenty hot in grill mode. I’m very happy with the FZ. That was my main concern when purchasing & the grilling capability has been great on the MAK. Very happy

Man, with controlled temps up to 550° you’d really be able to make Crispy Bacon :)

With rain coming down sideways the show must go on!!!!! Family wants Sloppy Joe pizza for lunch today. Rain or shine, it’s going on the MAK :)
3fabcacd3e45d28290b877e5fc81dd8f.jpg

With rain coming down sideways the show must go on!!!!! Family wants Sloppy Joe pizza for lunch today. Rain or shine, it’s going on the MAK :)
3fabcacd3e45d28290b877e5fc81dd8f.jpg
This I gotta see...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It’s been sitting here for 6 minutes

I’ll give it another 10 minutes then shoot the grill grates with the IR...

Sloppy joe pie ya say? Been running it through my head how I would make these. I bet they were better than the soggy take out pizza we had today.

Sorry gentlemen, got tied up. They were simple but yummy! Regular crust for the kids (first pic), and a cauliflower crust for my wife and I (last 2 pics).
82a09aaa57f88b456ed4dbadcdbabe1b.jpg

cba8ce59fe2603f0f60f1c5a1b272f95.jpg

385fafaec34f8d99f750253264736594.jpg

I’m not on keto but like to try new things. So, how does that cauliflower crust taste? I wouldn’t mind trying it if it tastes good. Is it acquired or did it surprise you the first time you had it? Thanks

I’m not on keto but like to try new things. So, how does that cauliflower crust taste? I wouldn’t mind trying it if it tastes good. Is it acquired or did it surprise you the first time you had it? Thanks

Honestly, we are not a big pizza family in the sense that we don’t make or eat it that often. That said, we have had some pretty good cauliflower pizzas/crusts and we’ve had some pretty bad ones. If ya wanna try something simple, buy a frozen one from Costco the next time you are there. See whatcha think. I sent my buddy a text a little bit ago asking for his homemade cauliflower dough/crust recipe. Supposed to be pretty good. I’ll share it as a soon as I have it.

Back