THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cheez59

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Well I have been researching and shopping for several months for a smoker. I have talked to several of the brethren and several different manufacturers and dealers. Maybe even to the point of annoyance for a couple of folks. A couple of weeks ago I decided on the Lone Star Grillz Mini insulated cabinet.

Thus began the somewhat arduous task of convincing Ms Gwen that we "needed" another smoker. An extremely windy Thanksgiving day convinced her that the need was more than just another of my impulse buys. The wind wreaked havoc on one of my WSM cooks and nearly trashed our ham. Then a week later on another windy day I farked up one of her favorite smoked meats, meatloaf. She saw how stressed I got because she knows how much pride I take in my cooking. Ms Gwen was coming around.

Last week I talked to Chris at LSG for the third time. When he said it would take him 11-12 weeks to build my smoker it pushed her over the edge. My rat hole cash took cash took care of the deposit and I'll come up with the rest before the build gets finished.

Now comes the 3 month wait. It will be worth it. :tongue:

I've never owned a LSG, but I'm confident from reading the brethren that you made a great choice.

Thanks Kevin. I came really close to getting a Humphrey's Down East Beast. The LSG is a little bigger with more standard features and meets my needs a little better.

I'm considering ordering a Mini too. LSG is in my neck of the woods and I drive right by the place. I stopped in and had Chris give me the tour.

What options did you order with it?

I'm considering ordering a Mini too. LSG is in my neck of the woods and I drive right by the place. I stopped in and had Chris give me the tour.

if i was in this situation i would find a way to weasel my way into a part time gig for cookers.:rolleyes: you know, answering phones, cooking lunches, mowing, sweeping, taking out the trash, making coffee...i ain't too proud to beg.:laugh:

Congrats! I placed my order for the large cabinet last Thursday. We should both get them around the same time.

That's great, Cheez! I've always loved the looks of that smoker. If I was going to get cabinet, it would be an LSG. Congrats!

I got the stainless folding shelf, stainless handle, heat diverter, and extra rack rails.

Back