THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

morgaj1

is one Smokin' Farker
About a month ago, I ordered the Stok Cast Iron Grate for my Weber Performer from Home Depot:

Stok Grate

To qualify for the free shipping ($45 minimum), I ordered the removal tool:

Stok Removal Tool

I have used the grate regularly for about a month and love it. It is not as substantial as a Craycort, but is still well made. The first time I used it, I rubbed it down with vegetable oil. After cooking on it several times, it is not a well seasoned surface. Since Home Depot is clearing out the Stok line, better get one while you can.

Nice! I bought a Craycort this summer and I'm still in the honeymoon phase.. absolutely love it..

The first time I used it, I rubbed it down with vegetable oil. After cooking on it several times, it is not a well seasoned surface.

Did you mean "it is noW a well seasoned surface"?

At any rate... since the grates are porcelain coated, it makes me wonder if "seasoning" them really does any good!

Besides the Island gasser I picked up several weeks ago I also got a Tower charcoal grill for REAL cheap (it didn't have a lid) but the grates and everything else is perfect for my Weber OTS.
I love 'em.

The first time I used it, I rubbed it down with vegetable oil. After cooking on it several times, it is not a well seasoned surface. QUOTE]

Did you mean "it is noW a well seasoned surface"?

At any rate... since the grates are porcelain coated, it makes me wonder if "seasoning" them really does any good!

Besides the Island gasser I picked up several weeks ago I also got a Tower charcoal grill for REAL cheap (it didn't have a lid) but the grates and everything else is perfect for my Weber OTS.
I love 'em.

You are correct, I cannot type :icon_blush: It is NOW well seasoned. The grate that I got is not porcelain coated. It is bare cast iron. I guess that the replacement is different than the ones that come with the grill. I saw the porcelain coated grates on the Stok floor models at HD, but the one I got is definitely bare.

Back