THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will if you are coming I need to get another keg ordered. Oh, and you have to try the pulled pork...its amazing!

I am thinking 5 or so as the game starts at 6 or 6:30. What do you guys think?

Obviously it is entirely up to you. FWIW, I think earlier is better as it a) lets people yak a while before things get strted big time on the tv and b) it lets folks get home earlier on a school night if its a blow out either way

I am thinking 5 or so as the game starts at 6 or 6:30. What do you guys think?

not for nothing, but last year was at my house and no one watched the game. We were all too busy eating, drinking and laughin at The Roofer passed out on the couch with my dogs in his lap.

that is where I was heading also Phil. Because it is the Giants & Pats I don't want to have everyone choose between watching and socializing. We have found out the hard way a couple time about missing the social parts.

not for nothing, but last year was at my house and no one watched the game. We were all too busy eating, drinking and laughin at The Roofer passed out on the couch with my dogs in his lap.

So lets shoot for 5. Anyone who is earlier I'm sure John and the boys will be there cooking and I'm two blocks away, probably cooking something out back if people want to swing by, play in Phil's trailer, maybe throw beer cans in the neighbor's yard, whatever.

ok, how about directions or an address?
thanks
nancee

I guess a napkin sketch won't do?:mrgreen:

The restaurant (www.tastebistro.com) is at 660 Franklin Avenue in Garden City (11530), about 5 minutes from the highway. I can also pm my cell number to anyone who may be arriving early.

Nancee -

Over the Throgs Neck Bridge - get onto :

Grand Central Pkwy/Northern State Pkwy (East)
Take to MeadowBrook Pkwy (South)
Take to Old Country Rd (west)
make right onto Old Country Rd
make left onto Clinton Rd
right onto Stewart Ave
left onto Franklin Ave

John's place is at 660 Franklin Ave (on right side) but parking lot is in back so make a right onto 7th Ave to get to the parking lot and you can come in through the other entrance which is not on Franklin.

thanks guys...Greg went to school at Adelphi but he could not remember. Google sent us to Belmont from the Throg's Neck fwiw...5 miles on Hempstead Tpke

The countdown begins! I decided to make a master list of who's bring what so we can see if there are any holes. Looks like we'll be more than covered, though!

Phil: pasta dish with the sausage and peppers
Vinny: a dish or two (to be determined)
Julie: pittz bites of some sort and a few other things
John: Chili, smoked wings
Eric: a cake or two, some cookies and maybe some other dessert type stuffs
Sled: Keri c hog apple beans and a 6' hero
Big Barry: Pesto pasta salad, Chicken and Broccoli (garlic heaven)
Me: Maybe beef ribs?? BBQ nachos??? (need to see what's in the freezer)

Also, some other friends will be bringing various sides, some chips/dip, etc.

I don’t want to give away too much in case John is keeping it secret but also expect amazing versions of popcorn, beercan chicken, pretzels, nachos, tacos and jello from Chef Witt and team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sausae is here both reg and jap and cheese
Reg $5.25 per 6oz link
jap $5.75 per 6oz link
i am also selling it by the pound brethren price only $10 pp

Back