THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi,

I didn't hear anyone mention anything about cookies/cakes or chips, so I'll pick up some of that stuff. Maybe I'll make some cookies and use blue and white fondant on them.

I know that this is a mistake to admit in public with the brethren, but I don't drink. Will there be soda on tap or should I bring a few bottles?

Eric

Hi,

I didn't hear anyone mention anything about cookies/cakes or chips, so I'll pick up some of that stuff. Maybe I'll make some cookies and use blue and white fondant on them.

I know that this is a mistake to admit in public with the brethren, but I don't drink. Will there be soda on tap or should I bring a few bottles?

Eric
Admitting that you don't drink is not a mistake at all. Admitting that you are gonna make cookies with fondant is a BIG mistake. :shock::eek:

I'm in for sure !!!! Wife will be traveling for work and daughter will be sleeping over at the in-laws for the weekend so this will work out perfectly.

I'll bring the strippers for the half time lap dances.

:biggrin::biggrin:

Seriously - I'll bring a dish or two (to be determined) but I'd also be more than happy to toss in some cash as well for John and Ed for hosting at the restaurant.

I'd be in for a few pulled pork sliders (since the kitchen is closed I guess those kick arse grilled cheese sandwiches are unavailable huh ??). I'd pay for one of those meat and cheese platters too if that's an option.

No alcohol for me either... I'll bring my own water or something or I'll gladly pay for some of that fruit infused iced tea.

As far as start time - Kick off is approx 6:15 PM. It would probably be a good idea to get together a few hours before game time to settle in regarding the food situation/pot luck dishes than scrambling once the game starts. My schedule is open though so whatever works for everyone else...

PS = Fondant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fondant

Fondant is a confection used as a filling or coating for cakes, pastries, and candies or sweets. In its simplest form, it is sugar and water cooked to a point, specifically the soft-ball stage, cooled slightly, and stirred or beaten until it is an opaque mass of creamy consistency. Fondant is commonly used to decorate wedding cakes. This gives the cakes a smooth appearance.

Last edited:
Whished the hell I lived near you folks. Never done anything like that for a Super Bowl Bash.

Jealous mod. here.

Swamp Pit is in!! :biggrin: Just need a head count and I'm working on that...lol

I'll also post later what food I'll bring...I think I'm gonna try pittz bites of some sort and a few other things...tequila??? is there tequila in the house??lol

If we need anything else I'll gladly bring what ever we need, just ket me know :biggrin:.

Can't wait...I thinks is going to be a blast:biggrin:

I'll also post later what food I'll bring...I think I'm gonna try pittz bites of some sort and a few other things...tequila??? is there tequila in the house??lol

If we need anything else I'll gladly bring what ever we need, just ket me know :biggrin:.

Can't wait...I thinks is going to be a blast:biggrin:
Just bring the entire contents of the food shed

then you better empty out your van cause we're gonna need it...lol

Hey I have one package of sausage left, the ones from from jorge, should I bring them with my food shed?

Last edited:
then you better empty out your van cause we're gonna need it...lol

Hey I have one package of sausage left, the ones from from jorge, should I bring them with my food shed?

If it's sausage, the answer is always YES.

Are we compiling a list here? I'm going to bring a cake or two, some cookies and maybe some other dessert type stuffs.

Should I bring anything else?

Anyone bringing traditional Superbowl fare? Chips, popcorn, etc?

Eric

Can't believe I am going to have to miss this, sounds like it will be quite the scene and most likely will make the local Society pages and hopefully not the police blotter.
Reason being the current spouse and I have been involved in a gathering of friends since around 1975 to view the Super Bowl and believe it or not, there is a core group of 3 couples that are still in the mix after all these years.
Were it not for this time-honored tradition, I would be there in a heartbeat.
Meanwhile, regards to all who will be there, do a Mescal shot for me and Go Big Blue!
(no mescal for you Eric.)
Con gusano,
Wes

Sounds like a really great time... wish I could attend...I'm so close, yet so far away. Going to test some chicken wing recipes for up coming comps... considering where I live, I wanted both teams in... who should I root for?... I'm from New England, yet live 1 hour from NYC... I will root for a great game... no blow out but a fight to the finish last second classic! May it be an exciting error-less game! I will eventually make it to Taste! Have a great time!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Back