THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I make a meatball sauce where "steak sauce" is one of the smorgasbord of ingredients. I can't stand the flavor of either of them on steak. They are OK on a thick chuck burger in place of ketchup.

My wife puts A-1 on black and/or purple hulled peas. My in laws showed up unexpectedly one time and drank my good beer and expected hoe de oeuvre (sp). I drained the liquid from a cottage cheese container, mixed A1 into the curds and served it with ritz crackers and a Lowery's shaker and past used by date mini carrots. They ATE it. Now they REQUEST it.

I wonder how many folks who would never, ever, EVER ever, use 57 or A1 on their steaks, sauce their ribs...
I'm not saying I wouldn't sauce a steak or any other meat, just not with that crap. :becky: On my filets, I do a red wine and shallot reduction sauce that compliments them wonderfully. :thumb:

Back