THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no where did it say hot and fast, and you must have posted the wrong thread because that brisket was crutched! unless you just wrapped it in paper for holding :wink:

Texas crutch is foil, not paper. Please come to the NT Bash so you can see how stick burning is done. And tuck in your ignorance. It is showing :thumb:

also, it seems that hot and fast has become quite popular around here but I havent seen anyone cook a brisket hot and fast from start to finish without using some form of help , be it braising the meat in foil, injecting, etc.

:crazy: I dont wrap or inject or pan.........300-325* whole cook on my charcoal cookers........but Ive only done 50(+) this way.......my stickburners bounce between 250 n 325*.......I have wrapped a few in Butcher paper but Most of the time do not......

My dear, departed mother had a term for someone just saying stuff to get folk riled up.

Wasn't "pot stirrer"- it was the other one- believe it started with an "S". :grin:

wrap, don't wrap, wrap with what, when, why? Didn't bbq used to be "easier" years ago?

:crazy: I dont wrap or inject or pan.........300-325* whole cook on my charcoal cookers........but Ive only done 50(+) this way.......my stickburners bounce between 250 n 325*.......I have wrapped a few in Butcher paper but Most of the time do not......
Smitty just best not to bother with this one, dude has all the answers and knows all. :roll:

Letting your cooker "run where it wants" just means your cooker is running with the given coal bed/wood size that you are used to building. It's imperative to know your cooker, accessories, and your fire starting habits.

Pretty much this^

Back