THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I dont get it. Are we the only forum that allows this petition? i saw it on other forums, in very fair and well worded posts, and they have all been removed.

this is something of importance, and regardless of which side of the fence your on, I think its important to allow the membership to speak. Any vehicle possible to allow the BOD to know the mindsets of the members should be utilized.

Not trying to start debate.. its just something I don't get. :confused:

The BBQ Nazi must be away from his computer. I saw a thread on there yesterday evening that had been there since early afternoon. Anyway, the people that chimed in had the same opinion as the members of this forum.

Shhhh... Be very very quiet... It's been on that other forum for almost 24 hours without it being deleted... Good job Jeff. :cool:

I had inquired to that Forum if I could post a link last month and was basically told that he didn't want to take sides on the issue. So I just let it go. It was also in contrast to the "poll" that was going on at the same time is all I could think.

Shhhh... Be very very quiet... It's been on that other forum for almost 24 hours without it being deleted... Good job Jeff. :cool:

I had inquired to that Forum if I could post a link last month and was basically told that he didn't want to take sides on the issue. So I just let it go. It was also in contrast to the "poll" that was going on at the same time is all I could think
.[/quote]

I guess that's the part I really don't understand. What is the point in posting a poll when poeple are not even allowed to discuss it??:confused:

I dont get it. Are we the only forum that allows this petition? i saw it on other forums, in very fair and well worded posts, and they have all been removed.

this is something of importance, and regardless of which side of the fence your on, I think its important to allow the membership to speak. Any vehicle possible to allow the BOD to know the mindsets of the members should be utilized.

Phil,

It's on the MABBQA forum also. Thanks for allowing it to stay on here. I too thinks it's important for all to see, so discussion can be held whether you're for or against the proposal.

It went on CBBQA soon after it was here
We are with ya out here

There were 3 others. I saw them there last night, this morning they were gone.

I understand the need for moderating, keeping peace, playing fair, etc..

however, IMHO, this IS an important and somewhat official topic. The posts i saw were all authored by different people(I asuume) and were well worded, not to take sides, but to direct people to the petition if they so desired. then poof.. gone..

like i said, not debating.. just a little baffled.

Obviously Phil, the other forums are not based on the truth and have adgenda's not based on the ideals we hold sacred. I commend you for setting a standard that other forums could only hope for in their dreams.

To answer a few questions.

Every member of the board was provided a link to the petition right after it was created. I will be making it available to each board member, as promised, later today.

I sent emails to forum owners or moderators for sites that I knew of, or some of you sent to me. Total silence. Sitting here looking at my list, I see that I missed NEBS on Yahoo. I cleared that post in advance, but apparently it fell through the cracks and I didn't get the post made. Special thanks to Scottie for taking the time to have that conversation.

One of my favorite things about this forum has always been that it stands alone. This is the second time recently that a thread has included discussion and criticism of another forum and I don't like it.

Ray is a friend of mine and is entitled to run his forum any way he wants. Why does anyone here care?

Oh yeah, the National BBQ News Forum sucks too.

One of my favorite things about this forum has always been that it stands alone. This is the second time recently that a thread has included discussion and criticism of another forum and I don't like it.

Ray is a friend of mine and is entitled to run his forum any way he wants. Why does anyone here care?

What's that on your chin ? :eusa_clap

I deliberately have not mentioned any names. But the BBQForum still has the thread running. So it was not one that deleted the stuff.

The board is meeting tonight. It is on a lot of other forums with long discussions... All that is being said is I find it astonishing that some forums would take down something that is an 'Official' BOD agenda topic. Not a flame war, but a meeting agenda item.

He can run it anyway he wants.

Also, I see no problem with people questioning the way he chooses to run that forum.

You certainly cant discuss Rays moderating approach on that forum.

The reason its come up here a few times is because a more open exchange is allowed.

This thread is getting sidetracked.

What ANY other forum owner, admin, or moderator does is their business. Those debates and discussions belong someplace else. If a member of this site wants to go someplace else and complain about what goes on here, that's up to them. Having been a moderator here, I know that I would be less than appreciative if I hadn't been given the opportunity to address any problem here first.

My .02, and hopefully the end of this discussion in this thread.

Back