THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

on the hook

Knows what a fatty is.

Batch Image
Batch Image
See Home Depot at #19.88/40# Kford and Lowes is $16.88....I need to stock up...Kford might not be thje BEST, but I like it...What else is out there?

Meijer has 40# Kingsford for $16.89

Kingsford Twin Pack Original Charcoal 2/20 lb. bags or Match Light Twin Pack Briquets* 2/14 lb. bags
sale$16.89

I'm running way low on my stash - but I don't have the shakes over it just yet. I'm holding out for a sale- but if it does not happen, I buy a bag or two instead of filling up my trunk and back seat.

I’m in good shape. Just finished last of my Western Lump from Walmart(last years purchase). Have about 20 B&B Oak And Mesquite small bags. 4 bags of mesquite infused Kingsford briquettes. That’s my cache. I buy Kingsford Wood infused whenever I find it on sale. I seldom buy KBlue regardless of price.Nothing bad to say about it, just my preference. B&B briquettes are nice.

Those Kingsford prices are pretty close to what Wal-Mart has had it for over the last 6 weeks or so. I believed it's been like $17.98 for twin 20#. It sucks, but I don't foresee any of the great prices hitting this year.

Also FYI, I’m finding better charcoal sales at grocery stores than HD-Lowe’s -Ace-Academy etc. Might be worth a stroll down that aisle when you go food shopping

Over Memorial Day Weekend, Farm and Fleet had a special on Weber briquettes. I think it ended up being $6 a bag.

Just curious what is the cost of pellets vs charcoal for a 1 to 2 hour cook? I don't have a pellet cooker but wondering is it more expensive than charcoal.

I was able to score 5 bags of B&B at a local Ace Hardware for $6.99 a few weeks back. Would have gotten more, but that was all they had.

Then 2 weeks ago, I grabbed 10 bags of Weber from my local True Value(shipped to the store) for $6.99. Got them 4 days after I ordered. Already used 1 on an overnight brisket cook last weekend.

I’m pretty good for a while, but like others have said—i think the KBB twn pack for $8.99/$9.99 may be gone for a while, if not for good. I used to load up during that sale and I haven’t seen them that low for over a year in my area. :sad:

Back