Jah-Love. Yes!!!

chingador

is Blowin Smoke!
Had a bag of Jah Love sitting in my pantry for a while. What took so long? I really enjoyed jerk chicken and pork when I went to Jamaica in the past but for some reason could never recreate that vibe with Walkers Wood marinade. Too heavy on the clove or whatever they put in there. Tasted too much like crab boil. Not that there is anything wrong with that….

Marinaded some boneless, skinless thighs last night in a paste from JL and peanut oil. Wanted to do bone in thighs but wife holds the trump card. Really love the flavor profile. In my honest opinion closer to how I remember jerk chicken and pork while in Jamaica. Great stuff

Attachments

• 3F4B35F8-C32E-4BD9-AEFA-46C69DD454AC.jpg
    3F4B35F8-C32E-4BD9-AEFA-46C69DD454AC.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 169
  • 5B2D8A4B-E734-485F-B7E3-952764503D41.jpg
    5B2D8A4B-E734-485F-B7E3-952764503D41.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 169
I LOVE Jah Love!

Love the Santa Maria Weber gig goin on there. I need to get mine out and put it to good use. Like you did. :thumb:

Jah Love is some good stuff. I always enjoy cooking with it but don’t as often as I’d like to because I’m the only one in the house that likes that level of heat. Whole wing sections are probably my favorite way to use it. A paste marinade with peanut oil is my go to method as well. Bet it was great cooked over an open fire :thumb:

Can I ask you guys the spice level of this? Just wondering cause the old lady can handle mild at best.

Thank you!

Know nothing about Jamaican cooking. What brand/type of paste marinade are you referencing?

Jah Love is my jam. Love it. Jah Love with some Naan bread and mango/pineapple salsa. Thats it, going on the dinner menu for next week.

Can I ask you guys the spice level of this? Just wondering cause the old lady can handle mild at best.

Thank you!

It's fairly hot, as jerk seasonings typically use Scotch Bonnet peppers. You could use a lighter coat of it, but you'd be missing out on a lot of great flavor IMO. I have some family that is heat averse and there's no way they could eat anything with Jah Love on it.

The spice level is pretty hot. But my mom and wife ate it and enjoyed it and their heat tolerance is average at best. If you are looking for the flavor profile of Walkers wood, you will not totally get it with this but it is in the same ballpark. I much prefer this to walkers wood. Great balance of flavor. Great color. I like just about anything Oak Ridge does.

Cooking over a live fire (Pecan splits) doesn't hurt either.

Back