THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I find it very unfortunate that Smokeindaeye, the winning-est cook of all the contests that have taken place on Long Island in the last few years has never made it to the Jack. He sure is gonna miss out on the great experience you are all gonna have next month

Hey Mark, We will see you wednesday! We hope to get in mid-afternoon... We'll see what comes together for us. I will have quite the crew with us...

This is going to be awesome. You'll recognize one of the SoW crew from pic in the other thread...then add a couple of other OK, TX, and KS folks... and you will have the Smoke on Wheels team that made it all possible.

I can't wait to see everyone!

Hey Mark, We will see you wednesday! We hope to get in mid-afternoon... We'll see what comes together for us. I will have quite the crew with us...

This is going to be awesome. You'll recognize one of the SoW crew from pic in the other thread...then add a couple of other OK, TX, and KS folks... and you will have the Smoke on Wheels team that made it all possible.

I can't wait to see everyone!

Don't forget the key this time...

Well I gotta wish all of you good luck. Evidently all those beers I fed the parking guy in the Dells this spring didnt get me any help in the draw so we will try again next year.

Jack Invitation...check!
Road trip planned...check!
Hotels booked...check!
Family/friends notified...check!
Excitement meter pegged...check!

See ya'll at "The Jack"...:cool:

Hi there everyone! Long time listener, 2nd time poster....something that I intend to become better at...You guys are just awesome and I love reading your posts.

I got my first call to The Jack for this year and I'm getting pumped!!!! I've been there before (2008) with Tom and Kay Wallin from Dances with Smoke (Renton, WA) where I cooked the side categories...wow what a rush! Reading Rod's blog brought all the memories back...he's 100% right on.

I'll be driving from Portland, Oregon along with a fellow team member and meeting up with my sister who lives in Nashville and some other PNWBA competitors who'll fly in.

Anyway...it's like, 5 weeks away and I've got 2 more contests in that time so I can't get too distracted...YIKES!!

Even though I'm new here, I look forward to meeting ya! Please stop by Sugar's Barbecue and say howdy!

Lynnae

www.sugarsbarbecue.com
:-D

Looks like we will be following Boondoggle down on Wed. I am so excited, it is going to be a long 6 weeks!

We plan on pulling in Thursday morning sometime. Trying to line up a reservation at Mary Bobo's and already have a hotel a few miles away in Manchester for Thursday night. We'll be onsite Friday night as usual and look forward to meeting as many teams as possible. Good luck to all we don't get a chance to meet in person.

Wednesday morning for us, we will actually be in the Nashville area earlier in the week to soak up some local atmosphere.

Getting very excited for our first time there.

The Pellet-envy blog was also awesome, hats off to them for the heads up.:hail:

We are going ahead with a barrel head and the side mission will be to get as many signatures as we can.

:whoo:

Mike (the Big Dog)
The Black Pig BBQ
London Ontario Canada

This will be a homecoming competition for me...it has been many years since I've been back in the hills where I grew up...it couldn't be under better circumstances. :-D

I will be rolling in to Manchester Tuesday evening (staying at Microtel)...dropping the trailer off on site Wednesday morning then heading to the Blue Ridge Parkway up in the Smokey Mountains for a day trip and visit with family...:cool:

Back on site Thursday to get set up and have lunch at Mary Bobo's (hopefully)...then on to Nashville to hook up with friends and take in the sights and sounds of Music City USA...:becky:

Back on site Friday morning for pre-comp festivities and meat prep...then looking forward to the team dinner and tour at the distillery...:p

Back on site early Saturday morning to fire up the pits and start cookin' some meat...:thumb:...whew!...I'm exhausted already...:clap2::laugh::eusa_clap
I hope to meet as many Brethren as possible and have you sign my barrel-head...safe travels everyone!

JD

Anybody know when teams will receive there packets? Also where and when can you get the barrel heads?

Wednesday morning for us, we will actually be in the Nashville area earlier in the week to soak up some local atmosphere.

Getting very excited for our first time there.

The Pellet-envy blog was also awesome, hats off to them for the heads up.:hail:

We are going ahead with a barrel head and the side mission will be to get as many signatures as we can.

:whoo:

Mike (the Big Dog)
The Black Pig BBQ
London Ontario Canada
I did the pre-order barrel head last year which worked out well. But once I got there they had custom 2009 barrel heads for sale that were less expensive and still real nice. The signatures are great (take your own Sharpies) and we have ours hanging in the kitchen nook area. I did a Jack blog entry as well, you can see it here: http://www.swampboys.com/Jack Daniel's 2009.htm I remember it like it was yesterday...:nod:

Back