THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

:twisted:First - I have to say, thanks to all the TX brethren for such a GREAT time. 1st class guys all the way. What a fun weekend. My sides hurt for the whole ride back. It was great finally getting to meet a bunch you TexFos!!!

Yep them boys put out some good food. Not a bad finish for going out and buying ribs at 9:30 Saturday morning.:cool:

Those Ribs were flown in from Mexico to that Fiesta market just for us :rolleyes:
You mean everyone doesnt blow out of the site after cooks meeting to find ribs?:twisted:

The empty bottles of Crown, Beam, various beer cans and bottles were a sign of a good time though. It was great to see Wayne and Jeff again and meet Andy in person. Hopefully I learned something set up next to them. I got to make it North this year to hang with these boys.

You know you are welcome up here anytime.

Might want to ask Jeff, Wayne and Andy since they kicked our butts.
It's alot more laid back and simple. Chicken half or 2 if there are alot of teams. Spares only and brisket. Turn-in times this comp were 1:00, 2:30 & 4:00, so plenty of time.

I dont know about simpler.... but it is much more laid back. The judging tables have pitchers of beer on them!:p

Count me in on that trip North. Had a great time this weekend.
Larry, You know you are welcome up here anytime... Congrats on the SUPER STRONG chicken call!!!! You are the man. Getting a first in that field rocks.

Now I know who to get my chicken help from.....
You and me both!!!!

:twisted:First - I have to say, thanks to all the TX brethren for such a GREAT time. 1st class guys all the way. What a fun weekend. My sides hurt for the whole ride back. It was great finally getting to meet a bunch you TexFos!!!

Glad y'all made it home safe and sound. My only question is did y'all make Jeff drive any? Had a great time with you guys this weekend. I am definitely going to invade the North for a contest in the future.

Here's some non winning boxes.
DSCN4568.jpg

DSCN4566.jpg

DSCN4565.jpg

Notice I had to curl the brisket to fit the box. If you trim the ends = DQ. I did straighten the ribs before we closed the box.

Thanks, Ty. I could definitely stink up one of those contests!

Pretty good? That was a strong showing in that crowd.

I don't know about top dog, but it sure was nice to get my first ever 1st place call amongst all my good friends. It it wasn't for guys like you, that walk wouldn't have been possible. Thanks to all the brethren that have helped along the way.

Great first event of the year. Hopefully we can all build from from here. I normally finish the year strong so I like picking up where I left off from last year.

Larry, How many events are you going to cook this year? It would be good to see the TX Brethren's schedule for the year.

For planning purposes, mine looks sort of like this.... that said, it is sure to change:

Kaufman IBCA
West IBCA
Irving IBCA
Terrell IBCA
Round Rock IBCA
Grapevine IBCA
Graham IBCA
Itasca IBCA
Arlington IBCA
Colleyville LSBS
West IBCA
Tulsa IBCA
Bedford KCBS
Springtown IBCA
Kansas City KCBS
Grand Prairie IBCA
Kennendale IBCA

For planning purposes, mine looks sort of like this.... that said, it is sure to change:

Kaufman IBCA
West IBCA
Irving IBCA
Terrell IBCA
Round Rock IBCA
Grapevine IBCA
Graham IBCA
Itasca IBCA
Arlington IBCA
Colleyville LSBS
West IBCA
Tulsa IBCA
Bedford KCBS
Springtown IBCA
Kansas City KCBS
Grand Prairie IBCA
Kennendale IBCA

Ours look's like this:

Kaufman IBCA
Terrell IBCA
Burnet IBCA
Ft. Worth IBCA
West IBCA
College Station IBCA
Rockwall non-sanctioned
Trader's Village IBCA
Meridian LSBS
Kennedale IBCA

Mine is tentative:

Irving KoC IBCA
Terrell IBCA
Grapevine IBCA
Arlington IBCA
Colleyville LSBS
West IBCA
Bedford KCBS
Keller LSBS
Kennendale IBCA

Might do one of the Cook for the Cures. Want to save the boobies.:biggrin:

You know you are welcome up here anytime.

I dont know about simpler.... but it is much more laid back. The judging tables have pitchers of beer on them!:p

Larry, You know you are welcome up here anytime... Congrats on the SUPER STRONG chicken call!!!! You are the man. Getting a first in that field rocks.

You and me both!!!!

What a blast the weekend was! Andy It was great to finally meet you in person. Wayne and Jeff great to see you again. Sides are still sore from laughing so hard. You guys did some awsome Q. Larry and Tony did a fine job as well 7th ribs 4th chicken. Larry congats on the 1st place chicken. Ty and I just didn't have the Q gods with us this weekend. :eek:

Back