THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daggs

is one Smokin' Farker
My old thread has expired but I wanted to hold true to my word.
For my side of the cow hang weight was 325# out of that I took:
2arm roasts
2 rump roasts
1 sirloin tip roast
4 packs of soup bones
5 1.5# packs of stew 🍖
1 flank steak
1 skirt steak
4 packs of "tenderloin"
4 packs of short ribs aka brisket on a stick
6 1.25" thick ny strips
6 1.25" thick sirloin
6 1.25" thick ribeye
82 1.5# packs of ground beef
And a brisket that looks to be about 11#

Total was $1311.45 out the door. Pretty good I feel for 💯% grass fed organic beef!

If it's certified organic it's a good price. If it's just off the farm it's just a tad high for my area. No clue of your market prices.

If it's certified organic it's a good price. If it's just off the farm it's just a tad high for my area. No clue of your market prices.
It is certified organic and 100% grass fed. I have spoke with them 4 times before I ordered. Just wanted to make sure I had all my ducks in a row.
Spent almost 7 hours on the road today to go get it and bring it home.

Barely had enough cooler space! That's a whole cow I was picking up.

Are the 2 arm roasts all you got from the chuck? Or did most of it go to the stew meat and burger?

I got a quarter this year and I'm loving the properly raised grass fed beef.

Yes stew and burger. I'll get another side next year and get much less burger. I need the stockpile of burger with the smalls right now. They seem to like most things burger related.

That seems like a good price to me. I checked auction prices this past weekend and grain fed is going for .90/lb around here on the hoof. My guess is beef is going to go way down around here. We have had no rain ( 14 inches behind ) and hay is very scarce. People are selling their beef head because they cant afford to keep them. With the prices dropping they will lose, if they have to buy feed to supplement the shortage of hay they will lose. So a lot of the smaller guys are selling cattle like crazy.

We been eating that beef for a year now and it's hard to eat anything but their ground beef! Looking forward to their steaks

Yes stew and burger. I'll get another side next year and get much less burger. I need the stockpile of burger with the smalls right now. They seem to like most things burger related.

Gotcha, makes sense, just seemed like there should have been more from a chuck primal than a couple roasts ;)

I got a 1/4 this year from a rancher that was a jr. high teacher of mine. He left teaching to go into raising 100% grass fed beef. The flavor is amazing, but he only raises Dexter (small breed) cattle so everything is shrunk down compared to the angus and other breed cuts we're used to; I think next time I'm going to buy from a rancher raising a larger cattle breed. Other thing I'm not a huge fan was they didn't separate fore/hind quarter when buying a quarter. They, instead, just kinda split everything up evenly between those buying quarters. Next time I want to go through somebody who will allow me to buy just the fore-quarter. The hind quarter cuts don't interest me much.

Gimme the ribeyes, chucks, plate, and brisket and I'm good to go for beef. If I'm buying individual cuts those are all I ever buy anyhow.

Back