THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walking Tacos is a bag of Fritos, which you open the top and pour chili and fixin's in the bag. I don't know what is wrong with people who use Doritos. You use the small to medium size bag, it works really quite well.

With Fritos.

Yep. It's the "fun size" bags of FRITOS, and you dump in your meat (chili, ground beef, fajita style chicken, carne asada steak strips, etc. - your choice!)

Then you toss in whatever other toppings you want, cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream etc.

Eat it with a fork right out of the bag - no cleanup!

(I totally agree, Fritos is the way to go...but just sayin' some people like Doritos. It's not my thing)

http://picky-palate.com/2010/01/31/how-to-make-and-eat-walking-tacos/

How about some spiced boiled shrimp? Maybe with some corn on the cob tossed in. I say that because we are having that along with some pan seared scallops tonight, maybe mud bugs, if you can get them.

Fish and chips served in in a rolled up cone of news paper, same goes for the shrimp.

Pizza comes to mind, again on some folded news paper,have the dough pre made, and the veges, and meat pre cut, maybe even individual personnel pan, done without a pan on the grill. For desert I saw a Youtube video that showed doughnuts with a marshmallow stuck in the middle and roasted over an open flame. I can only imagine the little girl in the red dress, being you at that age. :-o
Dave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgcprFnxsI8

Last edited:
Bulgogi served on bao buns w/ asian style sweet and spicy pickled onions/carrots, dikon radish, cucumbers!

The bulgogi (I used chuck steak sliced thing instead of the typical ribeye used)
GrSMAH6.jpg

The boa bun loaded up with bulgogi and the pickled vegetables.
j644E7f.jpg

You can pick up a bun, load it up and take it with you.

When my buddies and I go camping we like to take seasoned hamburger meat (use your favorite seasoning), diced jalapenos, and diced/already cooked andouille sausage.

You just mix them together, roll into hot dog shape, and skewer with sticks. Let them cook on a little grill or wrap them in foil and toss 'em in the fire then eat them off the stick. It is pretty simplistic, but it's quick and tastes good.

You can make a number of different cold toppings for a bruschetta bar. Cut, oil, season, and bake some french baguettes to make crostinis. That takes all of ten minutes. Then you can use a number of different items.

Fresh ricotta drizzled only with olive oil and dusted with Black pepper, one down. Don't like olive oil? Use a good honey.

White beans with some fine minced garlic and jalapeno, rough chopped tomato chunks, basil chiffanade, olive oil and SnP. There is another easy one. Just use canned canalini beans and rinse them, that is it. I like to add lemon zest to this when make it but you don't have to. Even more classic is a bunch of kale chopped up and added.

Balsamic tomato relish, classic bruschetta. take a bunch of diced tomatoes, sliced shallot, minced raw garlic, basil, SnP, Olive oil and a then a kiss of balsamic vinegar. Stir.

Guacamole even works.

I can keep going with classic Italian bruschetta ideas here if you want. Just pile the crostinis in a basket and let them make up what they want.

You can make a huge number of different Phyllo dough "turnovers". Kids can make they are so easy. You can go mushroom and swiss, or spinach and goat cheese, or ricotta and italian sausage, Chicken Pesto, Cajun shrimp. Breakfast fillings. Pie fillings, Pretty limitless. You find the phyllo dough in the frozen section by the puff pastry.

Make Kinishes, muffin tin meatloafs. Lots of options. If you want more ideas or want to expand on some others PM me.

I too put on the feast of the year for deer camp. It is the week of the year everyone looks forward to now because of the food. Hunting is secondary now during rifle season. Bow season is our trophy season. Rifle season is a vacation now. We used to be meat and potatoes, canned pasta sauce, bowl after bowl of chili, and oatmeal every breadfast for what seemed like forever. The change in cuisine has been a welcomed one.

Good luck with it all, post some pics if you get around to it.

Hatch green chili queso and/or quesadillos. (Sp)?

Wow! A lot of great ideas! Thanks so much for your help everyone. You've given me some things to think about.

Found out today that deer camp will be lasting 9 days. I'll have the chance to try out a lot of these ideas. :thumb:

Thanks again everyone! :cool:

Deer blind breakfast. Oatmeal cookies with lots of native pecans and walnuts and a thermos of strong black coffee
Holds you over during that 0430 to 1100 until hot food time.

I don't deer hunt any more. But I trout fish and this is still my main breakfast and sometimes lunch

Last edited:
Deer blind breakfast. Oatmeal cookies with lots of native pecans and walnuts and a thermos of strong black coffee
Holds you over during that 0430 to 1100 until hot food time.

I don't deer hunt any more. But I trout fish and this is still my main breakfast and sometimes lunch

Dang those look tasty. I could pack my pockets full. Thanks for the idea!

ADT's ain't bad Atomic Deer T**ds. Thin sliced backstrap soaked in milk for prep wrapped around your favorite pepper and filling.
Those sound like a nice snack. Thanks Toast!

How about some spiced boiled shrimp? Maybe with some corn on the cob tossed in. I say that because we are having that along with some pan seared scallops tonight, maybe mud bugs, if you can get them.

Fish and chips served in in a rolled up cone of news paper, same goes for the shrimp.

Pizza comes to mind, again on some folded news paper,have the dough pre made, and the veges, and meat pre cut, maybe even individual personnel pan, done without a pan on the grill. For desert I saw a Youtube video that showed doughnuts with a marshmallow stuck in the middle and roasted over an open flame. I can only imagine the little girl in the red dress, being you at that age. :-o
Dave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgcprFnxsI8

:laugh::laugh: She's scary!!

Back