Food Truckin' ~ A Cooks Thread For The "Food Truck Cookin" Throwdown

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
This Throwdown is in progress until September 20th.

My best food truck experience was about 10 years ago when I bought a pulled pork sundae at a bluegrass festival and horseshoe competition the day before the Wyoming State BBQ Contest. It had layers of saucy pulled pork, buttery mashed potatoes heavy on the garlic, coleslaw, and bacon bits. So.... I knew this was an idea I could chase for this TD. The mention of utilizing the "serving method" typical of food trucks and the use of "previously smoked food" was right up my alley too.

The initial plan was a straightforward pot of Cajun spiced beans with some smoked ham shank meat from last month, andouille, and served with rice.

FqC8zFE.jpg

But in the morning, I smoked two money muscle roasts, and later Mrs ~t~ made some corn muffins and salads and everything else came together.

a2uyoX5.jpg

About 2 hours later the sun was in my favor..... I'm not a good enough cook or photographer to make a butt look this good.

ZB2v1uL.jpg

Then a couple hours later.... wrapping for the finish.

W9eC3pz.jpg

Meanwhile.... Mrs ~t~ got the salads and corn muffins together, and there was some grilled sweet corn in the mix.

2QlStMB.jpg

The end result with the sliced pork and sundae was "Food Truckin" awesome.

n8XBze2.jpg

PS ~ The bean and rice sundae was better than I ever thought it would be. The yellow layer is grated cheddar cheese.

sSxNKY0.jpg

That was fantastic start to finish, ESPECIALLY the finish!! I'd follow your food truck around for some of those eats!

Wayne, that's just over the top in every way - the cooking, the sundae, the way you served it up - just fantastic! :clap2:

When does your food truck open for business? :biggrin1:

Wayne, that's just over the top in every way - the cooking, the sundae, the way you served it up - just fantastic! :clap2:

When does your food truck open for business? :biggrin1:

Thanks for the kind words.... and on the local scene, the dude selling pork chop sandwiches and the Philly Wagon won't have anything to worry about. :becky:

Back