I can't stand being told what "Real BBQ" is...

That's what makes this so disturbing. The dude has never smoked meat on a smoker in his life. He's done pork butts in crock pots and ovens but never on a charcoal/wood burning unit.

i'd love to see a picture of this tool...i'll bet he looks exactly how i'm picturing him! LOL!

don't worry brother...bbq is however YOU want to make it, as long as it tastes good, trust me, no one that is eating it gives two rat's asses how you made it.

I'm a dry rub person, myself. One definite exception to the rule, though, is.. When someone else is making it!!

If someone else is making it, and I don't like it, I finish the helping I took and keep my farking mouth shut. That's what the slaw and tater salad are for...

If he don't have nothing nice to say he shouldn't say anything! You can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives.
If the native americans originated bbq, and pigs were brought by the spanish, then how can true bbq only be pork...what did they use?
Duh. Squirrel.

Get him some Bologna next time he comes over 2 pieces of white bread and Bologna.

Some people have no clue how stupid they sound. Did his sister Smack him?

i'd love to see a picture of this tool...i'll bet he looks exactly how i'm picturing him! LOL!

don't worry brother...bbq is however YOU want to make it, as long as it tastes good, trust me, no one that is eating it gives two rat's asses how you made it.

Dam Skippy:cool:

A tool bag he is. He's one of those that criticizes everything and everybody. He's my wife's uncle but not by blood, only by marriage. If my kids and other adults that I respect hadn't of been there I'd showed my azz and told him what I really thought but I decided not to. But the time and place will present itself and I will say something to him.

I always just assumed that if anyone told me what 'REAL" anything was, they were talking out of the wrong hole...

BBQ is REAL is...

(Any questions?)

Some people need to have some farking manners and just keep your mouth shut and be happy you're getting a free meal. Like what was said earlier when I'm at another man's house I'm sure not as hell going to tell him what or how to do anything because it is simply rude. So when someone is at my house it is my way and that is that. Be happy I'm going through the trouble (we all know its our obsession) of "bbqing" for you.

If he don't have nothing nice to say he shouldn't say anything! You can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives.
If the native americans originated bbq, and pigs were brought by the spanish, then how can true bbq only be pork...what did they use?

Deer.

Real barbecue is what tastes best to the beholder. That there is a wide, wide range of tastes. What I hear most when I do UDS smoking around here is that it doesn't taste smoky enough. People crave and are used to all-wood smokes. That's how I was taught, that "real" is done over all-wood, which is how the DBS rolls. And yet there is a thread active here right now in which someone is quoted dismissing that as a novice mistake.

Now you take that all-wood smoked meat that everyone down in these parts loves best and distribute it among "gourmet barbecuers," and they will tell you it has been "oversmoked."

I have actually received a withering critique of my butts by PM based on a picture of what they looked like just before they were pulled off the DBS. :grin: Now that there is funny.

That man was being rude if he was eating your stuff up and dissing it at the same time, however. That is beyond the pale. :mad:

But since what's "real" is what you think it is, I wouldn't pay him any mind. :-D Life is good!

I am at a loss for words concerning such rude manners & lack of appreciation of someone offering their hospitality. I can only say ditto,ditto to all of the above.

By any chance was the guy a self proclaimed adobo expert from Arizona?

Bamabuzzard it's your fault when dealing with a jack-ass what you expect? Just smile and get a cold one. I use a rub but after it's pulled or chopped. In foil tray I add a mixture of apple juice,vinegar,h2o and rub.

You're a better man than I. I would have said something and I would be in the dog house with my wife right now. Especially if I had a few beers in me. Idiots! Every family has at least one.

Buy him a new crockpot and some cheap sauce for christmas and tell him to go make his own "real" bbq!

You're a better man than I. I would have said something and I would be in the dog house with my wife right now. Especially if I had a few beers in me. Idiots! Every family has at least one.
Amen, every family has the jackass who either knows it all or has done it all, and thinks everyone wants to hear about it. Hell I'm that guy in our family... just kidding. I would have also told him to stick it and been in the dog house for a few nights.

I would have just ignored him. People that say things of that nature are not worth the time or the tension.:icon_bigsmil

Back