I can't stand being told what "Real BBQ" is...

I don't know I'm from Mississippi, my family tree don't have many forks in it. :eek:

Some what back on topic. People that get caught up on how something is flavored (whether it be wet, dry or served on the side for dipping etc.) tend to tie that into the definition of bbq. BBQ is the method in how something is cooked not how something is flavored. They are two different things.

Speaking of family trees. I need to call my grandmother. She's been asking my mom why I haven't called...

I am wondering if BamaBuzzard and Willkat are related. Uncle Farkers Unite.

douchebag
I knew I could count on OC.
crylaugh.gif

Yep, it's "real" BBQ, and the complainer was the "real" (item above) too.

Some what back on topic. People that get caught up on how something is flavored (whether it be wet, dry or served on the side for dipping etc.) tend to tie that into the definition of bbq. BBQ is the method in how something is cooked not how something is flavored. They are two different things.
Funny you say that, I've been around so many people who think that bbq is bbq merely because it has bbq sauce on it. Sure, slow cookers can make okay shoulders and ribs, but it's not bbq. For the initiated, it's not bbq. It's meat with sauce on it. Preach on buzzard.

I'm with ya, some say REAL BBQ does not need a sauce and those same people will use a rub but IMO sauce is just liquid rub.

The one thing about BBQ that I have found to be true is that you can not please everyone!

real bbq is no seasoning or sauce and the meat cooked over an open fire...no pit or nothing just a wood fire....

we are all doing it wrong.

:)

I got here and there are four pages of posts in this thread and I'm short on time, so in case this hasn't been said here yet, let me just say, "It's not REAL BBQ unless it's a whole pig!" :) j/k

<ducking>

easy, don't feed him anymore. as to the veneral pig, a good ole boy said it ain't bbq if its not the whole pig. as far as i'm concerned its bbq if i'm happy.

real bbq is no seasoning or sauce and the meat cooked over an open fire...no pit or nothing just a wood fire....

Bet ya if I did it this way some SOB would come by and say it was not REAL BBQ cause I was using Hickory and not some other wood :lol:

I got here and there are four pages of posts in this thread and I'm short on time, so in case this hasn't been said here yet, let me just say, "It's not REAL BBQ unless it's a whole pig!" :) j/k

<ducking>

and I quote... "shut up, chambers"

luv ya, man (Bud lite mod)

<ducking>

These are my favorite threads!

Where is Hugh or Funk when you need them???

If he don't have nothing nice to say he shouldn't say anything! You can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives.
If the native americans originated bbq, and pigs were brought by the spanish, then how can true bbq only be pork...what did they use?

Or better yet don't eat three damn sammiches while telling me it ain't "real bbq". If it ain't "real bbq" then don't eat any...

If he don't have nothing nice to say he shouldn't say anything! You can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives.
If the native americans originated bbq, and pigs were brought by the spanish, then how can true bbq only be pork...what did they use?

who cares! everyone is entitled to an opinion and a history lesson on spices. slap him in the head with the sandwich and send him on his way

Back