I Bring You The Texas Double Whopper--Homemade Of Course

And even better than Wendy’s: In-N-Out! Have you copied that yet? I bet you’d do a nice animal style burger!

Lol yes! Twice actually. First time animal style. :nod: Insanely good.

20140928_172347.jpg

2014-09-28%2B22.32.24.jpg

And for July fourth couple years ago

cvrsKBWh.png

vN15hafh.png

Double Double grilled onions

uTj9HPSh.png

Tommy's too the next day since I had leftover patties :becky:

DBWcmGdh.png

With the chili cheese fries

k1PSaePh.png

Looks great Sako! Now I’m hungry... :hungry:

Thanks John!

Sorry, that's not a good imitation of any BK burger I ever had. Besides the better quality ingredients, you have all the veggies and condiments spread out. When I have gone there, I end up with one bite that takes both pickles away, another bite is nothing but onions, etc...

Nice job Sir. You and Jeanie need to open a restaurant soon.

Lol, Thanks Terry. Can't even remember the last time I've had the "real whopper."

I'm thinking a small brewery and bbq place down the line sometime. We'll see. Won't happen for a few years at least. Maybe Jeanie and I can collaborate? :noidea: :-D

The singular pic of the grease/juice on the plate let's me know I'm truly amongst brothers in BBQ. Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Comparing your food to any fast food place, is ridiculous. Their name might be Burger King, but you are the King of Burgers!

Thanks brother! I'm working down my list of burgers/sammiches and this was overdue.

I've done

In-N-Out
The Habit
Big Mac
The McRib
Tommy's
Bob's Big Boy Double Decker
Wendy's Baconator
The Hook Burger

Lol, there may be more.

Man that looks great! Interesting comment about the "doing burgers on the griddle too long." I recently went back to the grill and I had missed it too. Not that I don't still love some smash burgers on the griddle but you gotta mix it up, don't cha?

Thanks!

Excatly!:thumb: I still love griddle burgers but I'd missed the amazing char and the smoky flavor (especially using mesquite) the grill delivered.

Thanks brother! I'm working down my list of burgers/sammiches and this was overdue.

I've done

In-N-Out
The Habit
Big Mac
The McRib
Tommy's
Bob's Big Boy Double Decker
Wendy's Baconator
The Hook Burger

Lol, there may be more.

You say copying, I say showing them how it should have been done. I can't wait to see what is next. It's been years since I have had one, but I used to love the Hardee's Frisco burger. I see Burger King has came out with a similar burger now. Maybe you should take them to school,

Please tell me you were wearing a crown when you ate that. Even if it's not true.

Looks fanfarkingtatic, Sako! After seeing this, I may have to re-think about how I've settled on CI/griddle burgers...

You say copying, I say showing them how it should have been done. I can't wait to see what is next. It's been years since I have had one, but I used to love the Hardee's Frisco burger. I see Burger King has came out with a similar burger now. Maybe you should take them to school,

Thank again brother!

Next on the list is the Jack in the Box Ultimate Cheeseburger :becky: A buddy and I used hit Jack almost daily for this burger in my twenties.

latest

Possibly the sourdough Jack as well

10195308064_88cc37a98f_b.jpg

Well, now I have to do some burgers...your fault, Sako.

Maybe I can get close to yours done on the Blackstone.

Great thread.

Nice! I have never been a whopper guy but I would be all over that burger.

Thanks Tom! That'll we had in high school. The $.99 whoppers. Cheese was an extra $.30 IIRC. :laugh:

Great farkin' times, open campus lunches which are farkin' obsolete nowadays. Schools are like darn prisons nowadays. :tsk:

Please tell me you were wearing a crown when you ate that. Even if it's not true.

Looks fanfarkingtatic, Sako! After seeing this, I may have to re-think about how I've settled on CI/griddle burgers...

Lmao. Forgot about the crown Greg. :laugh:

Nothing wrong with griddle burgers but damn, this was truly amazing. Thanks brother.

burger-king-kingstache-FT-BLOG1017.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back