THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got home. Fun contest...

The RGC was nice which included 3 top 10's with a 3rd call for pork. Our team consisted of Poobah, Yak, James Danny and myself. I thought we were very well coordinated and had no major or even minor hiccups. Teamwork all weekend was on point from prep, garnish, pit management, turn in boxes and breakdown. Can't ask for much more.

Congrats to Chris for the GC and all other Brethren who got a call.

Way to go Pooh and the Gang! It was great to be next door to you guys....I couldn't have asked for better neighbors than you and Q-Haven!

I finally got to meet the Swamp Pit crew and Big Barry....and Muzzlebrake and lots of other folks....Still no Skippy Burger, tho.... I would like to add that this is a pretty beautifully run event in a great location.....nice all around.

Congratulations to Chris and IQue and everyone else that got a call......Hope to see you all again soon.

Great job, all! And Yackbardchef was there????? Wish I could have made it.

Congrats all I tried to get to take this weekend off to atleast come down and hang out go but an easy money job came up.

Great event, so glad we got there...otherwise we would not have gotten 2nd place ribs!!! and 5th overall...darn :biggrin: Great see every one and meet more new faces. Hey there were Skippy Burgers but I could find anyone around to eat them, it was kinda late sorry :sad:

Great Job everybody!! Now it's time to go get ready for New Holland...

Back at work this am, actually feeling much better than I did, bad back this weekend, sleeping on truck bed may have influenced that.... Anyway, I had a great time, and a Skippy burger, and learned some new things. One of the most important new things was that you should always check which is the lid on the turn in box so you don;t build a tedious bed of parsley in it only to find out you are upside down....GGGRGRRRRRR...had to walk away and let Phil do that one. Can't wait til the next one. Scott

Big Congrat's to all...WoooHooo!!!! :eusa_clap:cool::eusa_clap

One of the most important new things was that you should always check which is the lid on the turn in box so you don;t build a tedious bed of parsley in it only to find out you are upside down....GGGRGRRRRRR..

Tell me about it!! :rolleyes: Good news is I bet you won't be making that mistake again any time soon....:tongue:

So great to meet so many of you all at this contest! We didn't do as well as we would have liked, but we sure had fun doing it! Definitely a great location and well organized. Can't wait for the next one!

Back