THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey that's how I do it- I HATE the Ash left by paper towels, newspaper etc..... it flies everywhere when I pick up the Chimney. I use lighter fluid every cook - grill or smoker (except the Electric Masterbuilt) :shock: If I'm grilling I just hose down the Charcoal in the Grill. On my Junky Bandera Offset I pour in some lump and hose it down and light it up then after about 20 minutes I chunk on 2 splits. In my UDS and Converted Cabinet Smokers I light up a 1/2 - Full Chimney just like the video then after a good burn I dump it on unlit in basket. When I smoke in the Kettle I use a DIY SmokeyNador and light up about 12 charcoals with lighter fluid in the Chimney and after a decent burn use tongs to drop them in the Hole in the SmokeyNador. But I do ALOT of things Sissy Men can't Handle......:shock: ................................................................................:becky:

Hand to god I thought it was a joke. I saw the video, laughed and thought this guy is really funny. Oh well, to each his beach.

Nope - that was me getting 12 Charcoals ready for Beef Back Rib Smoke in my Kettle Today. :grin:

Here's me getting Lump going in my Patched Up Bandera before adding splits:

I did the side burner from my gasser until I saw how many sparks were shooting out. Now I use the torch and I am able to somewhat limit the sparks. Might take me a little longer to get going, but as dry as Texas is, I can wait...

I used to use lighter fluid too, then went to weber cubes, then bought the "looftlighter". Been using it for 2 years now, and almost never use my chimney anymore. Don't need to buy fluids, cubes or go looking for scrap newspaper anymore.

http://www.looftlighter.com

Check it out...

I used to use lighter fluid too, then went to weber cubes, then bought the "looftlighter". Been using it for 2 years now, and almost never use my chimney anymore. Don't need to buy fluids, cubes or go looking for scrap newspaper anymore.

http://www.looftlighter.com

Check it out...
Similar path minus fluid and the looftlighter, add in paper and torch. :biggrin1:

Many years ago before match light briquettes I used lighter fluid.

Then match light for years.

Recently I got more serious about outdoor cooking and bought a couple of chimney starters. A friend suggested the weber lighter cubes and that's what I'm going to be using for a while. They're cheap and very easy to use and I love not needing any lighter fluid.

Similar path minus fluid and the looftlighter, add in paper and torch. :biggrin1:

I have been thinking of buying a torch just for grins, since I have a gas grill and a bunch of propane cylinders anyway. My neighbors would love it in the evening :grin:

It would cut down the looftlighter lighting to 10 seconds :becky:

Why use LF if your using a chimney? Kinda defeats the purpose don't you think? Maybe when I go back to work, instead of actually digging with my track hoe
, I'll just sit the bucket on the ground an shovel dirt into it

Anyone ever tried to use the little sterno things for chafing dishes? I have a case of em from work, and don't know what to use them for.

I missed this post the first time around. The only person that would have surprised me more by using lighter fluid would be Blu. I guess that's a little better than being a bag lighter.:wink:

I use two sheets of balled up newspaper in the bottom of the chimney. Works every time.

That's exactly right and that's hoe you're supposed to do it! Why buy a chimney if you're not going to use it as intended it. :hand:

Back