THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have always believed in rendering fats and juices out @ 325f then pouring off all that. Baking another hour or less depending on it size with a new application of rub ( sprinkles ) while hot covered in roasting pan.

This won't be a popular answer but you can do some pretty decent BBQ (mostly) indoors. You'll have to tool up a bit to do it but it works.

Run the butt up to 140°F IT in one of these ...
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AZBKTS2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1MINH053708EA&coliid=I2R9ZBV2G457C2"]Amazon.com: Oster CKSTROSMK18 Smoker Roaster Oven, 16-Quart: Electric Roasters: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419Zl6fj92L.@@AMEPARAM@@419Zl6fj92L[/ame]

Vacuum seal and sous vide at 165° for 8-10 hours, depending on the size of your butt. Smallish (5lb) butts work extremely well with this method.

I have several cookers, I just don't always feel like messing with them during the cold months. I lived in Hawaii for 24 years and it ruined me with cold weather forever.

This won't be a popular answer but you can do some pretty decent BBQ (mostly) indoors. You'll have to tool up a bit to do it but it works.

Run the butt up to 140°F IT in one of these ...
Amazon.com: Oster CKSTROSMK18 Smoker Roaster Oven, 16-Quart: Electric Roasters: Kitchen & Dining

Vacuum seal and sous vide at 165° for 8-10 hours, depending on the size of your butt. Smallish (5lb) butts work extremely well with this method.

I have several cookers, I just don't always feel like messing with them during the cold months. I lived in Hawaii for 24 years and it ruined me with cold weather forever.

Thats great but that ain't bbq

You got an oven you got an electric smoker; Take a roaster pan put a layer of wood chips in the bottom
lay a sheet of aluminum foil on the chips. Put the Butt in the roaster rack and set it on top of the foil. wrap the whole thing in a sheet of foil to seal it up. Put it on to of the stove burner on med low heat let it smoke until it stops. Peal off the foil and put the whole thing in a 275 deg oven until the bone wiggles like a loose tooth.

This works, but I hope you have a good range hood that vents outside! Otherwise just cook it in the oven as described here.

Back