THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R

Rick's Tropical Delight

tired of the same ole burger?
try the new RTD "holy toledo! burger"! :biggrin:

- start with 1 pound ground round 85/15
- form two patties, 1/2 pound each
- press down in the middle to make a reservoir for onions and some dry rub. i used dizzy pig cow lick on these
- toss them on the mini egg with some jack daniels oak barrel chips with the egg stabilized at about 400

holytoledoburger-007.jpg

- do not flip or you'll lose the onions. the bottom forms a nice crust against the heat while the top basks in the radiated heat from the dome and the onions start to caramelize.
- close the dampers a bit and the egg comes to 350
- spoon on a little blues hog honey mustard bbq sauce

holytoledoburger-013.jpg

- add some cheese

holytoledoburger-014.jpg

- add kaiser bun with some ketchup and the first jalapeno from the garden

holytoledoburger-024.jpg

holytoledoburger-026.jpg

holy toledo! :biggrin:

Nice! Are these the jalapenos from the chipotle garden? And I promise I won't mess with these pics. Maybe some other time. :wink:

Nice! Are these the jalapenos from the chipotle garden? And I promise I won't mess with these pics. Maybe some other time. :wink:

yep... the plants are a little small, but i'm getting peppers. this one was pretty hot.

holytoledoburger-022.jpg

yep... the plants are a little small, but i'm getting peppers. this one was pretty hot.

Can't beat the taste of fresh jalapenos. Every time I go to one of those burrito places around here, the conversation goes like this:

"....and some fresh jalapenos"

"...little more..."

"...little more..."

"...little more..."

"thanks!"

i hope no one from toledo is offended :biggrin:

i can still feel the jalapeno on my tongue...
just enuf heat :biggrin:

what was the cook time?

a little longer than was needed at about 40 minutes. those where pretty thick burgers so maybe about 30 minutes would have been just right. i shut the dampers completely at about 30 minutes... the moisture from the onions kept the top nice and juicy while the bottom had a nice crust

Man that is some good looking grub... Rick, you continue to impress...

and while I know this may be a sensitive subject at the moment, your pictures are just incredible. As a amateur photog that has been thru many many rolls of film, (For all you young'uns FILM is that stuff we used back in the middle ages before cars and cable tv and such...) your pictures are always so very well composed and completely spot on. I see pictures in Gourmet and the other food magazines that are SET UP and have nothing on yours... Well done Sir!

Man that is some good looking grub... Rick, you continue to impress...

and while I know this may be a sensitive subject at the moment, your pictures are just incredible. As a amateur photog that has been thru many many rolls of film, (For all you young'uns FILM is that stuff we used back in the middle ages before cars and cable tv and such...) your pictures are always so very well composed and completely spot on. I see pictures in Gourmet and the other food magazines that are SET UP and have nothing on yours... Well done Sir!

thanks, man. if it doesn't look good, i won't eat it :biggrin:

Impressive looking burgers and I am really, really glad and happy that you decided to continue posting your great pron. Thank you:wink: And I ain't touching it:-D

GAWD!!!!

MAN....that's it....someone HAS to stop this man!
I just drew blood on my knuckle just LOOKING at that!!

Beautiful burger! Pretty Jalepeno too!
We've got 2-3 ready to pluck now too!
Hmmmmm, let's see....Holy Toledo burgers (sans Egg:wink:)?

Looks great Rick!

Keep 'em comin!!

Back