THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pretty sure I'm going to ask them to add a 3/4" threaded fitting to the firebox so I can hook up my cyberq and run the cabinet only on lump and wood when I don't have the time to tend the fire. Depending on how it works I'm pretty sure I can sell my humphreys and not look back.

Well I spoke to Pauk about adding a port for a guru adaptor and he doesn't ever recall having a request for that. Talking through it with him it seemed to make perfect sense to both of us for cabinet use only. Looks like I'm gonna be the guinne pig. Worst case it doesn't work and I just cap it off.

Well I spoke to Pauk about adding a port for a guru adaptor and he doesn't ever recall having a request for that. Talking through it with him it seemed to make perfect sense to both of us for cabinet use only. Looks like I'm gonna be the guinne pig. Worst case it doesn't work and I just cap it off.

Please keep me posted once you get this done and try it out. I had them spec one with a 2 inch tube off the back of the firebox (near the grate shelf underneath) so that I could hook up my Stoker and run just lump and wood chunks into the warmer like you mentioned. You may also ask them to make a baffle plate for you. It is basically a "half circle shaped" plug that you can stop heat from going into the main chamber. That was my plan anyway. You'll get yours before mine, so I am interested to hear how it goes.

Please keep me posted once you get this done and try it out. I had them spec one with a 2 inch tube off the back of the firebox (near the grate shelf underneath) so that I could hook up my Stoker and run just lump and wood chunks into the warmer like you mentioned. You may also ask them to make a baffle plate for you. It is basically a "half circle shaped" plug that you can stop heat from going into the main chamber. That was my plan anyway. You'll get yours before mine, so I am interested to hear how it goes.

I'll let you know in 12 weeks

Back