THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DustyQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Dusty
I've been searching the net intermittently for info on how to convert my 36" Blackstone to Natural Gas. With many propane burners it is as simple as connecting to a natural gas supply and re-sizing the orifice. It seems that the Blackstone is no different. I came across this today:
https://www.blackstoneproducts.com/product/natural-gas-conversion-kit/

The kit is $59 and includes the hose and new orifices, but I'm a DIY kinda guy and that part of me wants to continue being a cheap A$$. I can get the same 3/8 supply line with quick disconnect on Amazon for $25:
https://www.amazon.com/Brinkmann-Un...rds=Natural+Gas+Grill+Hose+with+Quick+Connect

If someone can tell me what size is stamped on the NG conversion orifice I can spend two bucks on a drill bit and save enough to buy a brisket.
Slainte,
Dusty

Thanks for posting the link. I've been wanting to convert my 36" but had no clue on how to do it. I will be buying the kit as gas + my mechanical skills would not be smart for me to go the DIY route!

I *just* got back from doing the conversion for my brother in law. He had the 59$ kit. Just change out the orifice at each burner, the kit had a handy wrench included for that, and swap out the hose. The quick disconnect that came with it fit his supply side feed. Easy peasy.

I don't know the orifice sizes. I am sure google will cough it up if asked.

I *just* got back from doing the conversion for my brother in law. He had the 59$ kit. Just change out the orifice at each burner, the kit had a handy wrench included for that, and swap out the hose. The quick disconnect that came with it fit his supply side feed. Easy peasy.

I don't know the orifice sizes. I am sure google will cough it up if asked.

I just converted mine using the old LP orifices, I ended up ordering a 10 piece hex shank drill set off Amazon that has #51-#60 bits to drill the old one's out with.

After a bit of trial and error starting with a #56 I ended up settling on the #51 bit to get the same surface temps I had with LP using my infrared thermometer.

Those are 15K burners and if I recall the conversion chart from LP to NG called for a #52 drill size at 7" of water column.

Perfect. Thank you. That’s exactly the info I needed. I’ll get a hose and bits ordered this weekend

Perfect. Thank you. That’s exactly the info I needed. I’ll get a hose and bits ordered this weekend

Your welcome, I'm hoping to get more use out of mine this coming year when the weather breaks.

I had fun with it last year after I got it seasoned up properly it will be nice to get more use out of it and not have to worry about changing a tank mid cook.

Bob (InThePitBBQ) - how's your DIY working for you?
DustyQ - did you ever get yours going?

I just finally got a Blackstone but the NG conversion kit is out of stock and Blackstone has no clue on when they will get it back in! :( I currently can't use the Blackstone without getting the NG conversion going!

I'm not that handy but have a few handy people in my life - is the below all I need to order to get this done?

3/8 supply line with quick disconnect and then a #51 hex shank drill bit to get the same surface temps.

Any tips you have on the "how" to do it?

Back