THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jbilsky

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
I just got a Camp Chef Flat Tip Grill, partially because Camp Chef had a NG conversion kit and Blackstone didn't. But when we got received it we found out the kit was just the hose and quick connect and not the correct orifice for NG. I've found posts with conflicting info. The Camp Chef website has different instructions and drill size for their different low pressure products: fire pits, stoves and smokers (low pressure but not the flat top grill. I saw a post that said the flat top grill has a high pressure burner so it can't be converted to NG but I've seen others comment that they have done it.

Soo...is there anyone here that has converted the Camp Chef Flat Top Grill done it that can tell me what size drill bit is needed. And it sounds like each burner has an orifice that needs to be drilled rather than a single orifice in the input hose. Is that correct? When we converted a gas grill many moons ago we just had to drill the one orifice.

Thanks for any help. Our order got messed up and we didn't get the grill until 2 days before leaving on Vacation for 2 1/2 wks and Camp Chef was closed and I couldn't get signed up here in time to ask. Luckily, the griddle fit on our gas grill so we got to make bacon and fajitas before leaving town. MMMMM.....GOOD! Now we're even more desperate to get it hooked up!

JB

Back