THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rcs914

Found some matches.
...for $350!

I recently obtained a very inexpensive '98 genesis platinum, but when I saw this yesterday I knew I was unlikely to ever find a better deal on a natural gas S-330, so I picked it up this morning. Other than being quite filthy inside it appears to be in great condition. The original owner had purchased it new in 2011.

I do have one question about it though. This one comes with a 1/2 inch quick connect hose, and I have a 3/8 on the house. In reading some other posts about this it seems that Weber may have switched to a 1/2 for the earlier 330 models, but then later switched back to 3/8ths? Unfortunately the grill only came with the hose (male connector) and not the female connector that attaches to the gas line.

I'm curious if it is better to swap the connector on the house, or if I can buy a 1/2 - 3/8ths quick connect adapter for the hose and still get the requisite BTU's.

I promised my wife I would sell the old Genesis, so it will probably be heading to CL soon to help defray the cost of the S-330.

Thanks!

Great find I would hire someone to make the connection for me but that is me

Just out of curiosity why? It's after the gas shutoff that you have to turn off after every cook, so it's just the very end piece that the hose plugs into, and as long as you use some pipe dope it should be fairly trivial. I mean I guess if you don't shut off the gas after grilling I could see why you might want to have it done professionally, but it seems a LOT less complicated than hooking up the gas clothes dryer, which I have done before. That took me a long while before I felt comfortable with it, since that connection never gets shut off.

Back