THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wasn’t planning on cooking today, but that all changed when I ran across this deal at the grocery store this morning. I’m making mashed potatoes, a red wine reduction sauce from bone marrow, and some homemade horseradish sauce to go with it. My brothers are coming over for impromptu early dinner. It’s gonna be a good weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_9563.jpg
    IMG_9563.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 68
Gonna try to make pastrami from a corned brisket flat. Soaking out the brine today and will put on smoker tomorrow. Hopefully, hot pastrami on rye with swiss and mustard tomorrow for dinner.

Also throwing a naked fattie along for the ride since we need something for Sunday breakfast.

Gonna try to make pastrami from a corned brisket flat. Soaking out the brine today and will put on smoker tomorrow. Hopefully, hot pastrami on rye with swiss and mustard tomorrow for dinner.

I've been wanting to do that for a while now. I'm retiring in 42 days.....time to plan a pastrami cook!

May your pastrami rock! :-D

Phound a proPhoundly marked down section oPh a rib roast at the grocery store, or could just call it a big arse ribeye - whatever it is - that's what's cooking & maybe more. Most likely over open Phlame.
Happy Phriday and weekend to Phu and crew and all y'all Pharkers!

looks like my re-up hasn't been processed. :doh:

Happy Phriday Phellas!

Well, today was pasta, and the plan was to do phark all this weekend. However, some really good phriends want to meet up, so that changes the game plan a bit. We certainly have some phreezer dive goodies still, but probably not dephrosted in time phor our guests. Trying to stock up on beeph bones so I can make a homemade beeph stock/au jus phor Prime Rib Christmas. Also, mrs Snadamo has been requesting beeph jerky. Our eye out round had a hole poked in the bag and it was...lets say...undesirable.

Hopephully Sunday I grill SOMETHING! I actually got a bag of PHOGO Briquettes! (never seen em bephore) I want to try out!

we had rain...RAIN yesterday and probably tomorrow! When I say rain, its AZ rain (rains for 5 minutes and doesn't even resgister on my rain gauge lol). Temps are cooling off and I am really enjoying nighttime outside.

Stay saphe, be well brethren! Beer and phootball for all!

Jeannie, good luck on the deer hunt! Pics please! :-D

Had a friendsgiving this evening with a group from church. Took the day off work and smoked two turkeys.

Injected both with meat church chicken injection.

One was seasoned with a layer of AP rub and some traditional herbs. The other was hit with Texas Sugar. Both were really good, but the Texas Sugar seemed to be the favorite.

Back