Happy Friday Brethren...What's Smokin' This Weekend?

It's the weekend for experimenting (rare full weekend off as I work retail)

Trying a fatty tonight. Bob Evans regular stuffed with cheddar, onion, paremsian, and mozzarella. Dusted with garlic powder.

Tomorrow, I am gonna try the salting trick on a cheap, grocery store London Broil.

Sunday is up to The Missus. I'll be watching AFV... :lol:

billygbob's sister & new brother-in-law are coming over tomorrow, so we're doing ribs, abts, and my almost-award-winning beans, plus slaw & leftover brisket. As fits my nick, I'll also make a couple varieties of sauce.

What's smokin'? The fresh paint on the outside and Crisco on the inside of my "new" UDS. I've fallen into the collective.

about 60 moink balls and 30 abt's for a friends party. they have no idea what either concoction could be so this will be fun!

Butt has been pulled, brisket seprated and flat sliced, with those going with the wife. The point got chopped up and put back in for burnt ends for later. I also have a fatty going, and some new dry rub ingredient experiments going on.

Will be doing a 12#Brisket,a 93 Butt and a Fattie or so...Momma's going away for the week and I get to play. Am going to practice on my Yardbird too:rolleyes:

I'll get the camera out and send some kwel pics:wink:

Start tomorrow morn and burn as long as I can stand it this week.:shock:

Later Brethren and SMOKE HAPPY :)-

Now that's a big butt...:eek:

What's smokin'? The fresh paint on the outside and Crisco on the inside of my "new" UDS. I've fallen into the collective.

Resistance is futile...:lol::lol::lol:...welcome to the club! :biggrin:

Put two butts, both about 8.5 lbs on the WSM about 8 this evening. Gonna give one to my neighbor as a thank you for twelve wheelbarrows full of pecan wood he gave me last September when he lost the tree during a windstorm. Pecan has became my absolute favorite to cook with.

Everything is done, but dang, that brisket was a big disappointment, especially since it was a Wagyu. It never broke 180*, and eventually I HAD to pull it to send to the party. I sliced the flat thin and everyone was real happy, but I left the point for myself because I could not trim it at all due to it not being ready. I chopped it up for burnt ends and cooked for another 4.5 hours, and they are STILL tough, chewy and the fat won't seperate from the meat. Every time i have done a Wagyu this size from this butcher before, it only took about 6 hours at 275*, yet this one cooked 13 hours at 275* and STILL isn't done!:mad:

Oh well, the butt was fantastic, I nailed that one thank goodness. the fatty was a good treat but my meal tonight consisted of taste testing 16 different pieces of pork. I'm stuffed.

8 Butts on the WSM's at 6pm, the trailer is loaded with 3 Drums and 3 Kettles for the big Luau for my sons Fraternity house party! 120 marinated Chicken thighs, 20 lbs of wings, 9 lbs of Shrimp skewers and 5 Alaskan King Salmon filets in addition to the butts! Mucho pron to follow!

I have a friend staying over for a few days (maybe my future comp partner) and I'm teaching him to do a brisket. We have a 13 pounder from Sam's and he's injecting it as we speak. Tomorrow, we'll do a couple of fatties and maybe some Oink Balls (sausage instead of regular meatballs.)

I smoked 2 chicks on beer cans, grilled corn, salad and garlic bread on the grill. Sunday is chick and ribs, w/beans, smoked slaw, and bread.

just tossed on a brisket and a butt for my BIL's graduation tomorrow. Supposed to grill some chix when I get there.

First time for a bunch of people I hardly know so a bit nervous. Don't you just love it when the wife volunteers you.

Breakfast anyone?
Ribeyeandeggs.jpg

Butts I did Thurs are gonna have to get us through the weekend. Have a judging class today and spent all my money last night on a Good One.

8 Butts on the WSM's at 6pm, the trailer is loaded with 3 Drums and 3 Kettles for the big Luau for my sons Fraternity house party! 120 marinated Chicken thighs, 20 lbs of wings, 9 lbs of Shrimp skewers and 5 Alaskan King Salmon filets in addition to the butts! Mucho pron to follow!

Have fun at the Luau bro...say hi to Bennett for me...then get some sleep! :p

Breakfast anyone?
Ribeyeandeggs.jpg

I'll be right over...looks like steak and eggs from here! :p

Butts I did Thurs are gonna have to get us through the weekend. Have a judging class today and spent all my money last night on a Good One.

Mornin' Tim...where's the judging class today? Who's putting it on? And...what's a "Good One"? :confused::p

Back