THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Probably 70/30 grilling to smoking. However, during this quarantine it's probably been 60/40 smoking to grilling. Amazing how things change when you have extra time.

for me as far the number of times I am cooking it would be like 90/10 grilling vs. smoking.

but when i do smoke, I am usually doing massive amounts of meats for family and friends or large gatherings.....not counting a handful of contests per year.......so as far the amount of food that gets cooked it would be like 85/15 smoked vs. grilling.

Was just curious to see if your experience has been similar to mine. Sold my 26 kettle a few months back as it was just sitting in the backyard and very rarely seeing use.

I don’t see me selling Waylon, but one never knows...

Over the last 5 years or so, 80 grilling to 20 smoking. Hoping to even out the spread this year.

About 90/10 here. Been using the smoker less since I discovered using pellets in the smoker basket on the grill.

I use my Weber 26 more than anything but I'd say 100% smoking because I always add a chunk of wood or a few chips on the coals. Even a quick grilling gets a kiss of smoke.

Right now it is probably 60% smoking to 40% grilling. Two big factors. One is covid and the other is the fact that I just got my Rec Tec and I have been using it a lot. Meals are more pre-planned where they used to be more impromptu (stop at the store on the way home and grab a steak). Store runs are once per week now

Once things normalize and the newness of pellet grilling wears off I will go back to more high heat cooks. I love steak

Back