Grilling -vs- low and slow smoking

Probably 70/30 grilling to smoking. However, during this quarantine it's probably been 60/40 smoking to grilling. Amazing how things change when you have extra time.

for me as far the number of times I am cooking it would be like 90/10 grilling vs. smoking.

but when i do smoke, I am usually doing massive amounts of meats for family and friends or large gatherings.....not counting a handful of contests per year.......so as far the amount of food that gets cooked it would be like 85/15 smoked vs. grilling.

Was just curious to see if your experience has been similar to mine. Sold my 26 kettle a few months back as it was just sitting in the backyard and very rarely seeing use.

I don’t see me selling Waylon, but one never knows...

Over the last 5 years or so, 80 grilling to 20 smoking. Hoping to even out the spread this year.

About 90/10 here. Been using the smoker less since I discovered using pellets in the smoker basket on the grill.

I use my Weber 26 more than anything but I'd say 100% smoking because I always add a chunk of wood or a few chips on the coals. Even a quick grilling gets a kiss of smoke.

Right now it is probably 60% smoking to 40% grilling. Two big factors. One is covid and the other is the fact that I just got my Rec Tec and I have been using it a lot. Meals are more pre-planned where they used to be more impromptu (stop at the store on the way home and grab a steak). Store runs are once per week now

Once things normalize and the newness of pellet grilling wears off I will go back to more high heat cooks. I love steak

Back