THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Been absent playing hookey.
We say 'wagging it' here.
Here is a simple delicious thing to do with fresh snapper.
Diamond cut, and marinate in straight lemon juice and herbs. I used garlic chives but marjoram, tarragon, parsley and so on all work.
You want to keep the marination under 3 hours or the acids will overcook the fish.

IMG_0478_zps50ohwhyk.jpg

Grill it a good height from the embers is my tip. Charred fish skin is pretty awful.

See how juicy it comes out?

IMG_0483_zpsq4qre3y7.jpg

Served it with green beans cooked in garlic tomatoes and some simple boiled baby potatoes!

IMG_0485_zps7ulpj16o.jpg

So good.
Thanks.

:yo:

Last edited:
You suck! But, that looks great. :clap2:

BTW, I'm calling your neighbor. You can't possibly be OKed to grill again.....

That's killer.

Do you "diamond cut" on both sides of the fish. Cooked direct or indirect?
Temps?

I wish to learn how to do fish. Pretty clueless, here.

That's killer.

Do you "diamond cut" on both sides of the fish. Cooked direct or indirect?
Temps?

I wish to learn how to do fish. Pretty clueless, here.

I'll help all I can.
I cut both sides and turn the fish half way throug the marination process.
Cook direct, but you want a distance from the heat so temperatures are unknown, it is just normal grilling over charcoal but with that air space between.If you are unsure, then turn the fish often. Make sure you oil the fish so it doesn't stick. When it is soft to prod with your finger and you see flakes of flesh separating, you are done.
If you see whits creamy stuff oozing out you have way overcooked it, and that is pretty common, believe me.
HTH!

I'll help all I can.
I cut both sides and turn the fish half way throug the marination process.
Cook direct, but you want a distance from the heat so temperatures are unknown, it is just normal grilling over charcoal but with that air space between.If you are unsure, then turn the fish often. Make sure you oil the fish so it doesn't stick. When it is soft to prod with your finger and you see flakes of flesh separating, you are done.
If you see whits creamy stuff oozing out you have way overcooked it, and that is pretty common, believe me.
HTH!

Thank you. I'll give it a try one day soon.

As always, AWESOME Buccs!

You have a wonderful understanding of aromatics and how to use them, for sure!

Back