THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
I'm surprised I don't see more fish on the smoker here other than salmon... esp. from our "coastal" Brethren :crazy::becky:... Tonight I thought I'd change that a bit. Got a beautiful deep sea snapper so I had to season and smoke that baby. Here goes, Very simple.

The fish... dun dun dunnnnn...:boxing:
b3b10eed.jpg

Seasoned it up with evoo, sea salt (liberally), garlic pow, black pepper, chili flakes in and out then stuffed it with escallion, garlic, fresh thyme, parsley, tarragon, lemon slices and a couple squares of butter.
98bbab78.jpg

Then smoked it at 300˚ with almond wood till it was done.
1a068df6.jpg

67310c98.jpg

That's it... I Didnt get a chance for any plated shots but TRUST me it was good... damn good! :becky:

Thanks for looking guys!
Cheers

I am sure there are some pics with me and tuna and other species. I just have not posted new ones or fished much lately due to work. :tsk:mad::becky:

Welp, in this economy, I will count that as a blessing!:thumb:

I am sure there are some pics with me and tuna and other species. I just have not posted new ones or fished much lately due to work. :tsk::mad::becky:

Welp, in this economy, I will count that as a blessing!:thumb:

I know what you mean...
Yeah, I know there are a few fish posts. You just don't see them too often. :shocked::wink: Well to be fair also, I haven't been around for a while and the boards move SO fast these days... :heh::thumb:

It's all good though.

Cheers Brother

Man that looks great. Love the red snapper and stuffed like you did makes me want to find some. Have not seen it at my local store lately but it does come in at times.

If folks are posting smokes with tuna please post!! I went fishing 2 weeks ago and have about 15 steaks each of albacore, yellow fin and sword fish. I vacuum sealed and froze them. I have been weary of putting fish on the WSM because other posts stated the smells and flavors remain and mix with the pork & beef of later cooks.

The snapper looks great!!!!!!!

Red Snapper is my favorite fish. We used to go out to the offshore oil rigs in the Gulf to fish for snapper. Most of the ones we caught would need a pretty big smoker to cook whole.

Looks good! :thumb:

CD

I just saw you are from Jamaica, I love the jerk pork and chicken down there! That and some rice n beans washed down with an ice cold Red Stripe. Man that is good! (BTW, the Red Stripe up here is not the same:mad:)

Do ya'll put the jerk seasoning on fish? I've never seen that but think it might be pretty tasty.

Is it beneficial to marinade Ocean fish in sea salt?

..hmmmm... be thinking about this one all day.:rolleyes:

I'm going to go with yes... :becky:
Seriously though, I have no clue. I'm sure sea, kosher or whatever good salt you put on it won't make TOO much of a difference. But out of "respect" for the fish I used sea salt (only cuz I had it already...) Yah that sounds like a good enuf answer.. :heh:

Red Snapper is my favorite fish. We used to go out to the offshore oil rigs in the Gulf to fish for snapper. Most of the ones we caught would need a pretty big smoker to cook whole.

Looks good! :thumb:

CD

Wow, those fish must have been awesomely big!! :thumb:

I just saw you are from Jamaica, I love the jerk pork and chicken down there! That and some rice n beans washed down with an ice cold Red Stripe. Man that is good! (BTW, the Red Stripe up here is not the same:mad:)

Do ya'll put the jerk seasoning on fish? I've never seen that but think it might be pretty tasty.

Thanks Brother! Yeah, I AM quite proud of Jamaican dishes. The rice and "peas":wink: (yes they're beans... but if you want to be traditional we call em peas) the curry Goat, Ox tail, stew peas, a wide range of soups, seafood... It's all good! I hope you got your fair share of it while you were here! :thumb:

As for the Red Stripe... Lets just say I'm more an Appleton man myself! :bow::heh:

And yes... we do put jerk on fish... It is pretty damn good! :thumb:

Cheers

That looks sooooo good Phrasty!! I happen to have a red snapper on hand. Hope it comes out as tasty as yours!

Back