THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pmk011

My name is Phil and I'm from rural CT. I've been doing basic gas grilling for over 20 years. I'm new to the art of low and slow cooking and I've been learning a lot by reading this site since June 2011.

I have a Brinkman Trailmaster Ltd, I sealed all the joints with high temp silicone as I assembled it. Enlarged the drain hole and added a valve, added 2, 2" thermometers, 1 @ each end of the lid at grate level, put a high temp gasket around the fire box lid opening to seal the gap, added a 11 1/2 x 10 1/4 x 7 " high charcoal basket and wrapped the cooking grate, closest to the firebox with tin foil. I'm satisfied with it's performance, however I do plan on making a gasket for the cooking chamber with form a gasket next spring. (All of these mods were courtesy of the vast wealth of knowledge of the BBQ BRETHREN.) I also have a SS Charmglow gas grill with a side burner, a built in oven and a rotisserie. The last piece of equipment I have, brand new and unused as of now, is a Camp Chef 2 burner cook top.

So far, on the BTL, I've done a brisket (successfully), london broil, ribs, chicken, bbq baked beans and mac n cheese. No failures yet, but I know they're inevitable. I'm holding my breath that it doesn't happen to guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back