THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
About 3/4# each ground round and previously smoked meatloaf. 2 teaspoons Trader Joe Chili Mix and two teaspoons Morton's Chili Mix. One teaspoon Real Salt.one tablespoon masa packet
4oz of tomato sauce plus water. Per cowgirl two shots of tequila- one for the pot one for the cook.

Last edited:
Simple and good

About as simple as it gets. I was reading about a chain of chili parlors that operated during the World Wars era, meat was allocated (rationed) and hard to come by. That’s allegedly when people began to add beans and interestingly enough-oatmeal to stretch a chili bowl. This was delicious with smoked Meatloaf (used oatmeal when I made it). I would have preferred it to be bolder in Spicy Chiles, but was perfect for The Bride. I added a couple of splashes of Tabasco Scorpion and got to where I needed to be.

Ahh yes.Frito pie.Adds another level of sophistication to chilli.I like Frito pie.Yours looks spot on Adam’s.I like open faced chilli dogs too.

Love the simplicity of it! I'm going to school here!

No more 100 ingredient chili.

And I'm having both shots of tequila, damn the chili!

But what about chocolate? :grin:

Chocolate, I have read about it, but don’t recall doing. It’s the dark unsweetened or hardly sweetened. Not Hershey Bar :-D

I have put beer in chili, I've drank whiskey while making chili. Tequila though..it's benefits? Is it fer flavor or tradition?
I ask because I don't like it out of the bottle. Phaps it's different in a cook?

-D

I have put beer in chili, I've drank whiskey while making chili. Tequila though..it's benefits? Is it fer flavor or tradition?
I ask because I don't like it out of the bottle. Phaps it's different in a cook?

-D

According to Kenji at Serious Eats, there is a benefit to adding alcohol to your chili.

Article here. Scroll down to the section prior to the recipe. Ignore the beans section if you must.

"Azeotropic nature???" Little to sciencesy for me..

-D

All I have is , cowgirl said to.
So I do.

Back