THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last edited:
On my offset

W92nbbNh.png

kettle

DpnojPZh.jpg

PBJ (the white smoke is due to the drippings on the coals)

EqtSn0Bh.jpg

Hunsaker drum

IAB2mXmh.jpg

kamado

20130704_063051.jpg

So on and so on. I thought I had it locked until I saw luchador's smoke and realized I'm doing it all wrong. :heh:

Hd2uWEdh.jpg

Oo4uRm2h.jpg

Pablo Picasso said it best. 'Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.' In your case.. learn how to achieve the thin blue smoke and then break the rule to acquire the taste YOU prefer. BBQ is an art and we should all go at it that way.

And Pablo Picasso was never called an *******.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I don't understand why so many people take offense to OP's threads & posts. They're some of my favorites. Even though I often don't agree, he's passionate about making BBQ he likes, and he likes showing the non-standard point of view. He actively tells people how he makes food that he likes. You can choose to try it or not.

I love my sous vide. Some people on this site see that as offensive as a crock pot. It's just another point of view.

I started with a kamado (lump & chunks) and got a pretty strong smoke. I love it. On my Bandera I was shocked at how light & refined the smoke is. I love it. El is just saying that he'd prefer having BBQ from my kamado instead of my Bandera. Sure, he says it in a way that some find frustrating, but I am happy to have him raise questions that spark a discussion. I certainly won't get offended if he doesn't cook the same way I do, just like I won't get offended if he adds more salt to his food than I do. I have learned a LOT from this site by reading other people who do things differently than I do.

Preach on, El.

In every Internet forum, some people just like to argue and start flame wars. Some of the responses here suggest that there are a few in this one, but I find that this forum has very few compared to others. Most posters here just want to share their love of BBQ with others; that's why I hang out here. I want you all to know that I'm not a troublemaker. Oh, yeah, and BIG GREEN EGGS SUCK!

I don't understand why so many people take offense to OP's threads & posts. They're some of my favorites. Even though I often don't agree, he's passionate about making BBQ he likes, and he likes showing the non-standard point of view. He actively tells people how he makes food that he likes. You can choose to try it or not.

I love my sous vide. Some people on this site see that as offensive as a crock pot. It's just another point of view.

I started with a kamado (lump & chunks) and got a pretty strong smoke. I love it. On my Bandera I was shocked at how light & refined the smoke is. I love it. El is just saying that he'd prefer having BBQ from my kamado instead of my Bandera. Sure, he says it in a way that some find frustrating, but I am happy to have him raise questions that spark a discussion. I certainly won't get offended if he doesn't cook the same way I do, just like I won't get offended if he adds more salt to his food than I do. I have learned a LOT from this site by reading other people who do things differently than I do.

Preach on, El.

look what youve done. you post and now everyone is all positive. wth? a wind of change is blowing .

:thumb:

:mrgreen:

Preach on, El.

I can get along with most people. IMHO it is the delivery, rather than the message, that rubs some folks the wrong way. Just my two pennies worth.

I can get along with most people. IMHO it is the delivery, rather than the message, that rubs some folks the wrong way. Just my two pennies worth.

It's like the infomercials that try to sell their product / point of view.
The best way to make your product / process appear to be the best is to exaggerate the inadequacies of the alternative.

Attachments

• SevereGleefulAnchovy-max-1mb.gif
    SevereGleefulAnchovy-max-1mb.gif
    564.5 KB · Views: 162
I Do like to put Onions In the Fire - Smells Wonderfull.

So I have seen that other people like to do that also. Not done it yet. Do you put one on at the beginning, then another an hour or two later? I am trying it the next time i cook.:thumb:

El, I like to see when you have something to say, even if I disagree. I also have inherited an ornery nature, so I try to have fun with everyone...you are just more ornery than me, so besides the bbq lessons, you are helping me to be more fun when I am an old 99 yr old grandpa. :drama::whoo:

Preach on, El.
He did call me a liar. Didn't bother me. Comments like these are why he gets so much instant negative feedback. I'm sure he's a really nice guy in person. We keep inviting him to the Texas bashes so we can hang out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

At work, I've finally learned that it's not the message but more often the messenger that matters. So now, if I have something really important, I find the right "herald" to pass it on. Works better, less frustration!

Back