First Time Sous Vide Anything (Steak)

Here's the rest. Definitely going to play around and tweak a few things (time/flavor) to dial in what we like, but this was a very tender and tasty steak that I'd be happy to eat anytime and is super easy to do.

Anyone do meatloaf in the sous vide? What other meats do you like boiled in the bag?? :-D

JLeKZH5l.jpg

bbVnv8Pl.jpg

3P9rieJl.jpg

I3nQCkil.jpg

rmC3HM8l.jpg

That looks great. I did my best steak this exact way. I use a ziploc, no problem getting the air out with dunking it in water. I cooked to about 118 in the sous vide. I find it's better to go on the low side so I have enough time to get a good sear.

I also dry brined with kosher salt for 8 hours or so before I cooked. Only about an hour in the sous vide.

LXvcezu.jpg

Anyone do meatloaf in the sous vide? What other meats do you like boiled in the bag?? :-D
I did a turkey breast on Thanksgiving in the sous vide. Scalded and injected prior to going in the bag and smoked it after it came out. Best turkey I've ever had, but that probably isn't saying much.

I did a boneless prime rib in it not too long ago. It was good, but the smoked one I made last year was better. I will try it again.

I'm planning on doing a full packer brisket. Just not sure when yet.

Back