Sous vide/smoke or smoke /sous vide

nsbbqguy

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Does anyone have experience with sous vide and smoking? Right now I’m in the process of sous vide a strip loin steak first then smoke and sear. That’s for steak number one. I also have 3 more which I’m going to smoke then sous vide and sear. Well my steaks going to get a quick sear, my wife’s going to have to be cooked a little longer during the sear faze because she will only eat ;cough;cough I’m afraid to say well done :oops: all steaks are going to be sous vide at 129deg as I only have one sous vide. Just wondering if any members play around with sous vide. I do watch a lot of videos looking at pros and cons of both methods.

I've tried it a few different ways. I just can't get the texture I like compared to reverse sear. I think the best I've done was smoke.... then sous vide to my desired temp, then pat dry, re-season, and sear. That's a lot of work, but if you have a lot of steaks, then there's sort of a built-in safety net. Good luck!

I've tried it a few different ways. I just can't get the texture I like compared to reverse sear. I think the best I've done was smoke.... then sous vide to my desired temp, then pat dry, re-season, and sear. That's a lot of work, but if you have a lot of steaks, then there's sort of a built-in safety net. Good luck!

Thanks, that what I did for 3 of the steaks and I found that they turned out the best. As far as the one I sous vide then smoked and sear I found it over cooked. The taste was good, just have to try next time watching the temperature of the steak a bit closer

Back