THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Made some mods to the vertical wood fired cooker the other day so I thought i'd take it for a test run for some pizza. I've found my ultimate bliss in a pizza cooker i'll tell you that!! It'll do more than pizza but just sayin. :cool: lol

500-525* temps...stayed right there. I used oak splits for the fuel. Anyways here's some pics, it was a deep veggie pizza with cucumbers, squash, red/green peppers, mushroom, tomato and had to add some pepperoni, cheese was mostly mozzy with mex blend and parmesan.

Oh did some no boil mac n cheese on the same cooker.

That's some great looking pizza for sure. I could go for a 5 gallon bucket of that m&c as well. Solid cook brother:thumb:

Did you pre-cook or dewater all the soggy toppings first? Cucumbers, squash, peppers, and maters add a lot of water to the mix when cooked

Did you pre-cook or dewater all the soggy toppings first? Cucumbers, squash, peppers, and maters add a lot of water to the mix when cooked
No i was famished and wanted to eat. Prolly not a bad idea to do though so good advice. It was loaded up high with fresh veggies too.

congrats, looks just great

and it will only get better from here!!
Thanks Brian. As long as i have time to fire up some splits..which usually takes 10-15 using the leftover partials this will be my go2 pizza maker.

The jimmy will do fine to but don't think it can hold a candle to real wood...plus the above and below temp readings were outstanding! :-D:-D

Great job Keith!! Seems like you got it down. The meal looks fantastic and seems like the air baked pan worked out well.

...it was a deep veggie pizza with cucumbers, squash, red/green peppers, mushroom, tomato and had to add some pepperoni, cheese was mostly mozzy with mex blend and parmesan.

I'm not sure what "deep veggies" are, but I'd sure tear into that!

I've never had cucumbers and squash on a pie, but I'd sure be willing to give it a shot...

That looks perfect.

Care to share any details about that mac?
It's a no boil recipe that you dump 2 cups of elbow noodles in a 9x13 pan (greased or sprayed)...as i forgot to do today. lol Basically 1 stick of butter, 5 cups of milk, 12 oz of yellow cheddar, 4 oz of mozzy. Bake 350 for an hour. If it's oven bake uncovered 45 and 15 foiled. If it's smoker i'd foil the whole time.

You can change up the cheeses, sometimes i mix in some cheese melt but i didn't today (16 or so oz total)...wanted it more authentic. If you can stir it part way through it's not a bad idea..just to smooth it out and prevent some sticking on the pan. Salt and pepper to taste, plus croutons of some kind are always good.

Back