THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ebijack

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
tom
I have never tried to cook pizza's in my vertical cabinet. Quite a few on my drum. I've never had this cooker above 450*. Even while burning pure wood down in the coal box/normal area.
I moved one of my coal baskets up into the cooking area. And as my regular pizza stone does not fit this cooker.
And I used 2, 12" ceramic tiles I had laying around. Again, new experiment. One for the pizza and one to reflect heat back down to cook the toppings.
Yesterday I made semolina flour/reg flour dough. Cooked down 1 can of diced tomato's and 1 can of tomato paste. Plus onions, olive oil, garlic etc etc.
So everything was ready for today.
Dough had risen nicely. Made the basic pies. Made them on parchment paper for ease of moving. My pizza peels do not fit this cooker either.
Sauce, onion, fresh mozzarella, pepperoni, and some smoked Spam cubed up.
Got the fire going. Cabinet came up to 520* with in 15 mins.
Put on the first smaller pizza.
Bottom was cooked nice, but the toppings were not cooked to where I had wanted them. Again an experiment.
Second pizza, I raised the cooking grate up one slot to move it closer to the top ceramic tile.
This helped. But still needs adjustment. I might lower the coal basket and or raise the cooking grate even closer to the top grate.
So, on with the photo's.
Thanks for lookin!

Attachments

• dough.jpg
    dough.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 179
  • sauce.jpg
    sauce.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 180
  • dough risen.jpg
    dough risen.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 179
  • set up.jpg
    set up.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 178
  • fire started.jpg
    fire started.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 179
  • first pizza on.jpg
    first pizza on.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 180
  • second pizza done.jpg
    second pizza done.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 180
  • both pizza.jpg
    both pizza.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 180
  • first crust.jpg
    first crust.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 178
  • second crust.jpg
    second crust.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 178
Looks good, I would agree with you on moving the top stone closer to the pizza and the basket farther away from the bottom stone. Other thing you could try is to move the basket and stone so some of the fire bypasses the bottom stone and has direct heat to the top. I'm hungry now.

Back