THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B

bbqjoe

This is a little snippet is taken from a review of a bbq joint.

"Everything is slathered in a thick, dark sauce with a sweet tanginess. The pecan pulled pork sandwich was perfect, and the moist beef brisket sandwich gave the pork a run for its money.

The meaty spare ribs were a tad chewy, but the smoked ham doused in the barbecue sauce was lean and tender."

Somehow doesn't turn me on.
JMO

In some circles, Q isn't Q without being drowned in sauce. Not how I grew up eating it and not how I like to cook it either.

Slathering something in sauce and calling it Q is a little like peeing on my leg and telling me it's raining.

Would you like a little meat sprinkled on your sauce sir?:shock:

Not about my place, but don't want to mention names.:icon_shy

I like my sauce on the side for dippin'. Slathered is a bit much and masks what should be what you're looking for: the taste of the meat!

I'm like Arlin. I like it on the side, not poured over everything. I've always been told that if you've got to sauce it, you're hiding something. I will occasionally put some into my pulled pork when I'm making up a bunch of samdwiches but only enough to enhance the flavors.

Back