THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I vote 732 hands down!
The 733 has numerous issues,as reported by owners here
The 732 is ready to roll right out of the box.
I have 3 732s & the 6' hybrid probes for each of them(no problems what so ever)

220.png

It looks like the 733 is about $20 more at Amazon. I would spends the extra. A screwed up thermometer can ruin a $50 brisket in one day.

EDIT: I didn't read grill 'em all post correctly. I read it as the 732 had issue. I don't own either one. I did own the one before that and it was junk so it turned me off the company altogether.

Last edited:
What are the 733 issues?

JP

Handshake issues between the 2 units.
Poor reception through walls.

Most of the time when the 732 VS 733 convo starts here the 732 wins.

Having never owned a 733 perhaps I spoke out of turn.I considered the 733 before choosing the 732.I went with the 732 largely in part to the reviews they both got here.

I only own the 733. I got it based off the review from the Amazing Ribs site. I have had no issues with getting the two pieces to sync and have not dropped connection when using it.

http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_guide/thermometer_buying_guide.html

I was set on the 733 myself. I lurked around this place & there were more happy 732 owners than 733.I recall a few members here unhappy with the 733 and based my decision on that alone..As pleased as I have been with the 732 I cant imagine the 733 being a total flop.(This is my attempt at back peddling)

I own 3 732s & the 3 line timer.All products by Maverick.
They serve me well..
Again,having never tried the 733 for myself,I shouldnt down it.

I still vote 732!!

The 732 has been good to me, except for the fact that a probe was bad right out of the box. Still waiting on the replacement from Maverick. I intend to purchase new probes to have on hand as back ups though.

Back